PDA

View Full Version : Iisna marriage database

khayrun_nisaa
20-Nov-2009, 10:26 PM
IISNA MARRIAGE DATABASE

The IISNA marriage database is a program that aims to assist single Muslims in fulfilling their Islamic duty of marriage. Unfortunately it has become very difficult for practising brothers and sisters who segregate most of the time to find a suitable spouse. As an Islamic centre working for the needs of the Muslim community, we believe it is part of our duty to help fulfil this social need.

As an organiser, we take the program very seriously. Although we endeavour to assist as many Muslims as we can, all applicants to the program must satisfy the following requirements:

• All applicants must be a Muslim,
• must be an Australian citizen and live in Victoria,
• must have a character reference by a trustworthy community member,
• must be single or divorced (legally).
• All female applicants MUST have support of their guardian for contact

As stated above, the program strictly works with the guardians of female applicants to ensure the harmony of the family structure.

The program is run from a folder, where all application forms and profiles are kept. Only the two organisers of the program, who are husband and wife, have access to the folder at any given time. The privacy of our brothers and sisters is very important to us. No one has access to their personal information or photos.

When applicants approach the program, they will be asked to fill out an application form, with a current photo provided. A public profile will be made using their form and will be placed in the database based on age and nationality. No personal information will be presented on the public profiles.

The public profiles will only contain general descriptions about an applicant (nationality, age, education, occupation, interests, hobbies, ect) and what they are looking for in a potential spouse (preferred nationality, age range, desired features, ect). To view the database an appointment will need to be made with the program organisers.

After viewing the public database and making istikhara, the applicant may choose a maximum of 3 profiles he or she feels may be a suitable potential spouse. To narrow the profiles down to one, the applicant will be shown photos of the chosen profiles. Applicants may only enquire about one database member at a time.

After this final stage the guardian of the chosen applicant is contacted (if female), and the chosen applicant is given the opportunity to view the public profile of the brother or sister who has enquired about them. If the chosen applicant approves of the other persons profile, they are shown the photo of the applicant and then given their details to make further contact via guardians.

We understand the frustration of our single brothers and sisters and are here to help. With the will of Allah, and support from our community we anticipate that the program will be very beneficial to our local ummah.

However the program is only a means for single brothers to know what sisters are available in marriage and vice versa . We may assist but do not take any responsibility for any matter beyond this point. It is up to the individuals and their guardians to undertake the proper research about the intended spouse and to speak to them thoroughly about all concerns.

Forms for database can be obtained from IISNA. If you send us a private message we can also email or post it to you.

For further information or a booking please contact the organisers on:

Sisters call: 0425 769 333

Brothers call: 0425 852 814

khayrun_nisaa
20-Nov-2009, 10:29 PM
Please note that the program is now also available online. However the online version has only some details, no pictures and obviously no contact details.

The Online database can be found at:

http://www.iisna.com/marriage/?sid=11

Brothers or sisters interested in any of the profiles can contact us for further information.

Jazakhallahu khayran
:assa:

Inqiyaad
21-Nov-2009, 06:56 PM
May Allah reward the sister and Brother in charge of this amazing project.

May He grants them what pleases them in this world and in the hereafter and reward them for every effort they put into making an easy path for the sisters and brothers to find their other half.

Jazakum Allahu Khayr ;)

(from the single sisters and brothers out there) :)

khayrun_nisaa
21-Nov-2009, 07:21 PM
May Allah reward the sister and Brother in charge of this amazing project.

May He grants them what pleases them in this world and in the hereafter and reward them for every effort they put into making an easy path for the sisters and brothers to find their other half.

Jazakum Allahu Khayr ;)

(from the single sisters and brothers out there) :)

Ameen and to you sis. Jazakhallahu khayran for your beautiful dua.

:D

Inqiyaad
21-Nov-2009, 07:23 PM
Ameen and to you sis. Jazakhallahu khayran for your beautiful dua.

:D

:) Wa iyyaki my precious sis.

heavens
22-Nov-2009, 03:09 AM
subhan Allah what a beautiful effort!! we need more ppl like you and your husband sis:)

NOW to all you single sisters and brothers out there GET a move on and join up!! no need complaining anymore take some ACTION!!

May this base bring you all what you are looking for if it's whats best for you:)...Ameen

NOW AGAIN..... GET A MOVE ON:p

Amin
22-Nov-2009, 03:25 AM
GET a move on and join up

Agreed... there are some people who want to get married but don't want to sign up... weird.

Tay_
22-Nov-2009, 04:32 AM
Agreed... there are some people who want to get married but don't want to sign up... weird.

Is it limited to those in the IISNA circle or involved with IISNA directly? Perhaps that's why there is that reluctance there for some people to take it up because some might feel that them being involved in other organisation's that they wouldn't be compatible with the service on offer because of their non involvement with IISNA.

khayrun_nisaa
22-Nov-2009, 09:28 AM
Is it limited to those in the IISNA circle or involved with IISNA directly? Perhaps that's why there is that reluctance there for some people to take it up because some might feel that them being involved in other organisation's that they wouldn't be compatible with the service on offer because of their non involvement with IISNA.

The program aims to assist as many brothers and sisters as possible living in Victoria. We have a wide variety of single Muslims on the database, from all different backgrounds, age groups, communities and organisations. We even get alot of interstate and international callers who unfortunately at this stage we have to decline. The program is definitely NOT run for a specific organisation, rather it is run by organisation for the wider Muslim community :)

If you are single, and have the approval of your guardian please do approach us. We will try to help you to the best of our ability. We will try to ensure we mold the program to the needs and comfort of you and your family.

For brothers and sisters who have previously joined up but are inactive, we encourage you to regularly visit the website to see if there is anyone who stirs your interest. When there is to give us call for more information and to take the necessary steps. This program is for you and your family, please approach us as many times as you need.

Hope that helps.

Jazkhallahu khayran

Umm Binyameen
22-Nov-2009, 11:18 AM
I noticed there is a Saudi brother on the database who is doing a PHD here. Doesn't that go against the rules of being an Aus citizen and residing in VIC?

cheesegirl
22-Nov-2009, 12:07 PM
:salam:

I'm curious, has anyone been matched up with this program yet?

khayrun_nisaa
22-Nov-2009, 02:47 PM
I noticed there is a Saudi brother on the database who is doing a PHD here. Doesn't that go against the rules of being an Aus citizen and residing in VIC?

The brother has residency.
Before application forms are accepted we make sure those interested comply with all conditions. Be rest assured ukhti.

:salam:

I'm curious, has anyone been matched up with this program yet?

Alhamdulillah this year we have had 3 marriages thorugh the program and another on the way Inshallah.

cheesegirl
22-Nov-2009, 02:59 PM
MashaAllah! May Allah put barakah in their marriages!

Tay_
22-Nov-2009, 03:08 PM
The program aims to assist as many brothers and sisters as possible living in Victoria. We have a wide variety of single Muslims on the database, from all different backgrounds, age groups, communities and organisations. We even get alot of interstate and international callers who unfortunately at this stage we have to decline. The program is definitely NOT run for a specific organisation, rather it is run by organisation for the wider Muslim community :)

If you are single, and have the approval of your guardian please do approach us. We will try to help you to the best of our ability. We will try to ensure we mold the program to the needs and comfort of you and your family.

For brothers and sisters who have previously joined up but are inactive, we encourage you to regularly visit the website to see if there is anyone who stirs your interest. When there is to give us call for more information and to take the necessary steps. This program is for you and your family, please approach us as many times as you need.

Hope that helps.

Jazkhallahu khayran

JazakAllah khayr for the reply. I'm going to be straight forward with my question here not for the purpose of ill intent or division but rather for clarity regarding the service and also for others who may be wondering the same thing but have not actually asked. Must the applicants be from a "Salafi" background to get assistance?

Umm Binyameen
22-Nov-2009, 03:50 PM
I would think that you could just specify what your background is in your profile.

Tay_
22-Nov-2009, 03:58 PM
I would think that you could just specify what your background is in your profile.

I would think then that most people would just put "Sunni" down unless theyre Shi'i

Abu Musa
22-Nov-2009, 04:10 PM
May I ask why it's restricted to VIC only and why people from other states can't apply?
Is it for security reasons?

I think there are probably a lot of people out there who just need the introduction / network really, and then they would be happy to do all the background checks themself.

Hisham
22-Nov-2009, 04:23 PM
I doubt they have a screening quetionnaire asking you to list your favourite Sheikh from the 7th century hijra...

So there's only one way to find out.

heavens
22-Nov-2009, 05:23 PM
I think there are probably a lot of people out there who just need the introduction / network really, and then they would be happy to do all the background checks themself.

that i agree with and if there was a more of a helping hand we wouldn't have a major problem!! theses days its each for themselves really.
thats why we need things like the data base and more ppl like the ones that run it. May Allah reward them .

caller
22-Nov-2009, 07:50 PM
has it been closed? cant seem to view it

Al Baitel 'ateeq
22-Nov-2009, 07:56 PM
Works for me.

khayrun_nisaa
22-Nov-2009, 08:59 PM
JazakAllah khayr for the reply. I'm going to be straight forward with my question here not for the purpose of ill intent or division but rather for clarity regarding the service and also for others who may be wondering the same thing but have not actually asked. Must the applicants be from a "Salafi" background to get assistance?

Brother we appreciate your honesty and concern. You asked an honest question and you will get an honest answer Inshallah.

It is not up to us to judge people and their groups/organisations. We usually get an approximate understanding of a persons aqeedah beliefs by several questions they answer on the form; 'which mosques/classes do you regularly attend?' and by the character reference they provide us.

The program is open to ALL Muslims from Ahlus Sunnah. However if an applicant is from a different manhaj, we will directly infrom all those who enquire about this applicant in the same way we would if we see that they are not trustworthy or commit a major sin (eg do not pray).

If we feel that any applicant is vialiting the trust of the program or we find out they are not from Ahlus Sunnah, their application will be terminated.

Hope that answers your question.

May I ask why it's restricted to VIC only and why people from other states can't apply?
Is it for security reasons?

Brother, marriage is a very serious issue thus we take this program very serious. For applicants we need to ensure they comply with ALL program requirments, have a respected character reference (that we can contact) and be able to meet us when necessary. The points mentioned above would be some what difficult to ensure with interstate applicants.

With the will of Allah, we hope to one day have enough experience and success with the program to reach out and assist our wider Australian Muslim community. The program is still fairly new. Please make dua for us :)

The online database is up and running. Try going to the iisna website and clicking on the link directly.

Tay_
22-Nov-2009, 10:16 PM
Brother we appreciate your honesty and concern. You asked an honest question and you will get an honest answer Inshallah.

It is not up to us to judge people and their groups/organisations. We usually get an approximate understanding of a persons aqeedah beliefs by several questions they answer on the form; 'which mosques/classes do you regularly attend?' and by the character reference they provide us.

The program is open to ALL Muslims from Ahlus Sunnah. However if an applicant is from a different manhaj, we will directly infrom all those who enquire about this applicant in the same way we would if we see that they are not trustworthy or commit a major sin (eg do not pray).

If we feel that any applicant is vialiting the trust of the program or we find out they are not from Ahlus Sunnah, their application will be terminated.

Hope that answers your question

JazakAllah khayr for the reply. I'm a bit confused where you say that it is not upto you to judge people and their groups/organisations at the same time you say you get an approximate understanding of a persons aqeedah based on which mosque/class that a person attends. It comes across as seemingly contradictory?

Is there a 1:1 interview process with the applicant to verify any details or is the person completely reliant on the "judgement" that is made based on your own interpretation of what they have said.

For example an applicant would say theyre from Ahul us Sunnah, declare themselves to be a Sunni, and state that they attend classes at a particular masjid or with a particular organisation which to their belief is also of Ahul us Sunnah. Does it then come down to a judgement from your end to say whether this person is a Sunni or not?

I'm avoiding singling out masjids or organisations here, so im trying to be as general as possible in my reply.

khayrun_nisaa
22-Nov-2009, 10:35 PM
JazakAllah khayr for the reply. I'm a bit confused where you say that it is not upto you to judge people and their groups/organisations at the same time you say you get an approximate understanding of a persons aqeedah based on which mosque/class that a person attends. It comes across as seemingly contradictory?

Is there a 1:1 interview process with the applicant to verify any details or is the person completely reliant on the "judgement" that is made based on your own interpretation of what they have said.

For example an applicant would say theyre from Ahul us Sunnah, declare themselves to be a Sunni, and state that they attend classes at a particular masjid or with a particular organisation which to their belief is also of Ahul us Sunnah. Does it then come down to a judgement from your end to say whether this person is a Sunni or not?

I'm avoiding singling out masjids or organisations here, so im trying to be as general as possible in my reply.

Brother Tay, Inshallah if you give the Brother incharge a call on 0425 852 814 he can clarify the matter for you in more detail.

The program is not as simple as fill out a form, and your married the next week. There are many steps taken in the application and enquiring process that will help us and interested applicants gather more information about you, other than that provided on the registration form.

For us whats important is that applicants are practising Muslims who establish their prayers regularly and seem to be good honest people. We try to ensure this to the best of our ability, then the rest is up to the families to investigate, filter and pursue.

If there are any more questions about sects,organisations and the filtering process please contact the brother in charge directly. I am happy to answer any other questions.

jazkhallahu khayran

Tay_
22-Nov-2009, 10:41 PM
Brother Tay, Inshallah if you give the Brother incharge a call on 0425 852 814 he can clarify the matter for you in more detail.

The program is not as simple as fill out a form, and your married the next week. There are many steps taken in the application and enquiring process that will help us and interested applicants gather more information about you, other than that provided on the registration form.

For us whats important is that applicants are practising Muslims who establish their prayers regularly and seem to be good honest people. We try to ensure this to the best of our ability, then the rest is up to the families to investigate, filter and pursue.

If there are any more questions about sects,organisations and the filtering process please contact the brother in charge directly. I am happy to answer any other questions.

jazkhallahu khayran

JazakAllah khayr. What is the name of the brother to ask for on that number who would be able to assist me with my questions?

I understand that it is not an instant turn around, the questions I put forth weren't in relation to turn around times :)

Thanks for highlighting the important attributes for an applicant to have.

khayrun_nisaa
22-Nov-2009, 11:04 PM
Name of the brother in charge is : Brother Turgay 0425 852 814

Abu Musa
23-Nov-2009, 08:27 AM
Brother, marriage is a very serious issue thus we take this program very serious. For applicants we need to ensure they comply with ALL program requirments, have a respected character reference (that we can contact) and be able to meet us when necessary. The points mentioned above would be some what difficult to ensure with interstate applicants.

With the will of Allah, we hope to one day have enough experience and success with the program to reach out and assist our wider Australian Muslim community. The program is still fairly new. Please make dua for us :)

JazakAllah khair sister for your responses. May Allah make this program a success and may Allah bless each and every union that results from it and grant the spouses righteous offspring.

Just to close off the topic, my point was that I think there is a market for people who aren't necessarily after the security / reference check, but rather are just looking for an initial introduction and then would be happy to perform their own character assessment.

Tay_
23-Nov-2009, 07:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I spoke to the brother for about 10 minutes in relation to what I had raised above specifically and I mentioned the fact that there is a thread about it on this forum etc.

Basically in summary, without going into everything word for word he mentioned that as long as the applicant is an upright Muslim they would be eligible for assistance in relation to the marriage program itself

This is regardless of which masjid etc they goto for example, as it would be upto the potential match in question to look into those things themselves and make their own judgement about the individual. A person doesn't need to be involved with IISNA or be part of the IISNA circle

Alhamdulilah I found him to be straight forward with things; a no nonsense person.

##A'isha##
23-Nov-2009, 07:59 PM
^ masha'allah. good to hear.

khayrun_nisaa
23-Nov-2009, 09:14 PM
Alhamdulilah I found him to be straight forward with things; a no nonsense person.

yes he is mashallah, he even convinced me to marry him lol :giggle:

Amin
23-Nov-2009, 10:02 PM
Good to hear.

involved with IISNA or be part of the IISNA circle

I think this 'circle' is a bit of a
myth.. IISNA is pretty open.

Tay_
23-Nov-2009, 11:05 PM
Good to hear.

I think this 'circle' is a bit of a
myth.. IISNA is pretty open.

Depends on one's personal exerience I guess

Ahmad
23-Nov-2009, 11:07 PM
It's open to everyone but experiences will differ between Muslims, non-Muslims and the people of Bid'ah.

Tay_
23-Nov-2009, 11:07 PM
yes he is mashallah, he even convinced me to marry him lol :giggle:

lol well I don't know him to be able to comment, as long as you are both happy thats the main thing alhamdulilah.

Tay_
23-Nov-2009, 11:09 PM
It's open to everyone but experiences will differ between Muslims, non-Muslims and the people of Bid'ah.

Where are the people of bidah supposed to fit in between those categories?

SuBMiSSioN
23-Nov-2009, 11:12 PM
Somewhere in between being a Muslim and a non-Muslim? :rolleyes:

Tay_
23-Nov-2009, 11:16 PM
Somewhere in between being a Muslim and a non-Muslim? :rolleyes:

Strange...can't work that one out, but anyway

Musa
24-Nov-2009, 03:25 PM
Where are the people of bidah supposed to fit in between those categories?An excerpt from 'Don't be Sad' demonstrating a usage of the classifications of Muslim, person of bid'ah and non-Muslim:

Ibn Taymiyyah was speaking to a member of a deviant Sufi sect. The man said to Ibn Taymiyyah, “Why is it that when we come to you (the people of the Sunnah), our miracles lose their effect and become useless? But, when we go to the Mongolian disbelieving Tatars, our miracles work?” Ibn Taymiyyah said,
“Do you know what the example of you, the Tatars, and us is? As for us, we are white horses. You are spotted horses, and the Tatars are black ones. When the spotted one enters upon a throng of black, he appears to be white. And when he enters upon a crowd of white, he appears to be black. Now, you have some remnants of light, and when you mix with the people of disbelief, that light becomes visible. But when you come to us, the people of the Sunnah who have greater light, your blackness and darkness is all that is left for you. And this is the example of you, The Tatars and us.”

وَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ ابْيَضَّتْ وُجُوهُهُمْ فَفِي رَحْمَةِ اللّهِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ
And for those whose faces will become white, they will be in Allah’s Mercy (Paradise), therein they shall dwell forever. [3:107]

Abu Layla
24-Nov-2009, 03:34 PM
Brother Abu Musa, if you're referring to our community, then I think you made a typo. It's character assassination, not character assessment :p

heavens
03-Feb-2010, 04:13 PM
how is this program going along?? inshaAllah well or do we need to advertise it more ;) again!!