Thursday, 18th September, 2014
Fajr: 4:49am (ends 6:16am), Dhuhr: 12:15pm
`Asr: 3:38pm, Maghrib: 6:13pm, `Ishaa': 7:36pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

ummAadamJullanarLayth littleMother's Avatar
    its just like the hadith that goes something like 'if the son of Aadam was given a mountain of gold, he would desire another one.'

just the way humans are i guess. its just hard seomtimes. but at the same time, it makes me want to work harder for Jannah, because we will always be satisfied there insha'Allah.

or it just makes me feel depressed and want to retreat and be a hermit. *sigh again*

"Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards an idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response but rather, It does not befit the lion to answer dogs." -

Imam Shafi (rahimaullah)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleMother For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (21-Mar-2012)

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fatemah View Post
    18 min???
    Roughly 18 minutes into the video is related to the sister's post, and perhaps other parts of the lecture, too.
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for All‚h as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear All‚h. Verily, All‚h is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

4. Collapse Details

damned if you do and damned if you don't. You make the effort to do something good, then people turn around and criticize you and complain behind your back about it subhanALLAH. when will our people learn to support each other even if its with a kind word!!
    ďI have never debated with a knowledgeable person but beaten him, and I have never debated with an ignorant person but been beaten by him.Ē
    - Imam al-Shafi`i (May Allah have mercy on him)

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to your sister For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (21-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012), CVM (22-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (21-Mar-2012), littleMother (21-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (22-Mar-2012), Saffiya (27-Mar-2012), sourceoflight (21-Mar-2012), UmmRashid (21-Mar-2012)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by your sister View Post
    damned if you do and damned if you don't. You make the effort to do something good, then people turn around and criticize you and complain behind your back about it subhanALLAH. when will our people learn to support each other even if its with a kind word!!
    Sis, do things for the sake of Allaah, and seek your blessings and rewards from Him alone. You're never going to please everyone, and someone will always have something to say. Always. I've learnt to really ignore what people think, and continue on doing what I do for His sake, and learnt to never ever expect anything from anyone, not even a thank you. It's a lot easier said than done, and I'm only human and sometimes will complain about how people are never satisfied, but then I remember that my reward is with Allaah inshaa'Allaah, whether the people around me appreciate it or not is their problem. As long as you feel content that what you're doing is right, and you yourself know whether Allaah will be pleased with what you are doing or not, then take solace in that He will look after you inshaa'Allaah.
    What is for you will not pass you and what passes you is not for you!

لا تضيع الامانة
    Do not lose the trust..

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuBMiSSioN For This Useful Post:

$uRreNdr (24-Mar-2012), *saRah* (22-Mar-2012), aussiemu (21-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (22-Mar-2012), CVM (22-Mar-2012), Fatemah (22-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (22-Mar-2012), Precious_Diamond (28-Mar-2012), Sister. (29-Mar-2012), your sister (30-Mar-2012)

8. Collapse Details

Bill Cosby: I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

$uRreNdr (24-Mar-2012), *saRah* (22-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (22-Mar-2012), CVM (22-Mar-2012), Fatemah (22-Mar-2012), Jayne (12-Sep-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (22-Mar-2012), ninja_sista (27-Mar-2012), Saffiya (27-Mar-2012), Sinan. (22-Mar-2012), Sister. (24-Mar-2012), sourceoflight (21-Mar-2012), SuBMiSSioN (21-Mar-2012), your sister (30-Mar-2012)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemu View Post
    Bill Cosby: I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
    Wow.. that's powerful.
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for All‚h as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear All‚h. Verily, All‚h is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

11. Collapse Details

It's sad how you can try to do your best for people for so long..., offer a helping hand, give them a shoulder to lean on, share good times, be there for them at their worse but when your at your worse the tables suddenly turn. It's weird how the one person that always made u laugh, now makes you cry..... And even though u try to hold on to the memory that once was of the person that played such a big part in your life, all u can do is learn to let go.... The same way they have.
    Somewhere, somehow, you eventually realize though that the saddest part isn't you losing them. It's them losing themselves

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to $uRreNdr For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (24-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (24-Mar-2012), lala (09-Jun-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (25-Mar-2012), Saffiya (27-Mar-2012)

13. Collapse Details

I honestly learned to stop saying look at people these days they're such a mess they do this and that and to start looking at myself first
    اللهم أرنا الحق حقا وأرزقنا اتباعه وأرنا الباطل باطلا وأرزقنا اجتنابه

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fatima_43 For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (09-Jun-2012), At-Ta'if (24-Mar-2012), aussiemu (24-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (27-Mar-2012), CVM (24-Mar-2012), empty slogan (26-Mar-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (25-Mar-2012), Sister. (24-Mar-2012)

15. Collapse Details

Senior Member Curiously_Undercover's Avatar
    Sometimes your mentality encourages you to do something, then a little too late your heart catches up, rebukes your stupid actions and forms yet another wound to slow down the healing...

Now to find the keys to prevention and cure.
    ‎"Everything Allah Plans To Be Will Always Become A Reality"

http://www.nutrimetics.com.au/houda

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curiously_Undercover For This Useful Post:

littleMother (24-May-2012), NRaf (28-Mar-2012), Saffiya (27-Mar-2012)

17. Collapse Details

Accept your weaknesses, try to better yourself, and be content with what Allah (swt) has given you. Nobody is perfect.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (28-Mar-2012), Dina_ (09-Jun-2012), Fatemah (28-Mar-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012)

19. Collapse Details

Heart and Soul in Mecca, Medina and Ta'if. Physically in Sydney
    Be mindful of what you ask Allah swt for. If you ask for patience then be prepared to be put through MAJOR difficulty in order to learn patience. If you are upto it then certainly ask for it, however don't allow the ego be the driving force for your asking (ie to challenge yourself). Let it be done with the intention of self purification. Ask Allah swt for forbearance in dealing with the difficulties...
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tay_ For This Useful Post:

Jayne (12-Sep-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012), Sister. (29-Mar-2012)

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tay_ View Post
    Be mindful of what you ask Allah swt for. If you ask for patience then be prepared to be put through MAJOR difficulty in order to learn patience.
    See I don't know if I can believe this, unless you have actual evidence. People typically ask for sabr in times of hardship where they do need it at that very moment, and in the Qur'aan it says four times that Allah is with the patient, so then it follows that one who wants Allah to be with him might then ask for patience. Moreover consider:

"And when they went forth to [face] Goliath and his soldiers, they said, "Our Lord, pour upon us patience and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people." [2:250]

The immediate following verse starts with "So they defeated them by permission of Allah", which indicates the du`aa' brought much good.

Lastly, I think it's more in tune with assuming good in Allah that when you ask of Him something, He will give it to you in a nice kind way in the way you meant because He is All-Knowing, Generous and can bestow anything at now loss to Himself. That said there are of course du`aa' that are a bad idea in general, like for example asking Allah to punish you here so that you may be spared in the aakhirah. Instead one should just ask for forgiveness.

أحب الصالحين ولست منهم وأرجو أن أنال بهم شفاعة
    وأكره من تجارته المعاصي وإن كنا سواء في البضاعة

إمام الشافعي رحمه الله تعالى -

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by from water View Post
    See I don't know if I can believe this, unless you have actual evidence. People typically ask for sabr in times of hardship where they do need it at that very moment, and in the Qur'aan it says four times that Allah is with the patient, so then it follows that one who wants Allah to be with him might then ask for patience. Moreover consider:

"And when they went forth to [face] Goliath and his soldiers, they said, "Our Lord, pour upon us patience and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people." [2:250]

The immediate following verse starts with "So they defeated them by permission of Allah", which indicates the du`aa' brought much good.

Lastly, I think it's more in tune with assuming good in Allah that when you ask of Him something, He will give it to you in a nice kind way in the way you meant because He is All-Knowing, Generous and can bestow anything at now loss to Himself. That said there are of course du`aa' that are a bad idea in general, like for example asking Allah to punish you here so that you may be spared in the aakhirah. Instead one should just ask for forgiveness.
    Itís based on my own personal experience. The point of what Iím saying is that if a person is asking for patience, then they donít have it to begin with, otherwise they wouldnít be asking for it. Hence when making dua for patience, in order for one to obtain it, Allah swt will put you through trials accordingly so you can get there; that is why asking for forbearance in dealing with difficult times may be better suited.

I agree with you in terms of asking for His forgiveness, which is why we should also be forgiving ourselves towards others as opposed to perhaps asking for justice. Allah swt is Justice so if we demand that from others then we can also expect that He brings us to justice. His mercy is what we should be seeking.

23. Collapse Details

I'm over9000!!! Muslim..Priincess's Avatar
    I learnt not to be hasty and make quick judgement on things..even in a moment of anger or frustration.. just take a deep breath and stay patient.

And I also learnt to say Alhamduillah in every situation.
    Religion is all about moral character; therefore, whoever beats you in character beats you in religion."

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity!

- Ibn Qaiyim rahimuhAllaah

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muslim..Priincess For This Useful Post:

asdf (31-Mar-2012), At-Ta'if (31-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (31-Mar-2012), Dina_ (09-Jun-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012)

25. Collapse Details

ChaiSabzAddict
    Don't procrastinate important things...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asdf For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (31-Mar-2012), littleMother (31-Mar-2012), ninja_sista (10-Jul-2012)

27. Collapse Details

Senior Member Curiously_Undercover's Avatar
    Some mistakes can only be repaired, rather than undone. They need to be repaired by starting fresh, by sacrificing every single thing you've ever known and found irrational comfort from. By devoting yourself solely to Allah swt, asking for a better you and only good outcomes. Some repairs may not undo the damage of the mistake completely, but theres hope for better change.

"Every self will taste death. You will be paid your wages in full on the Day of Rising. Anyone who is distanced from the Fire and admitted to the Garden, has triumphed. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of delusion," (3:185)
    ‎"Everything Allah Plans To Be Will Always Become A Reality"

http://www.nutrimetics.com.au/houda

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curiously_Undercover For This Useful Post:

$uRreNdr (20-Jul-2012), *saRah* (01-Apr-2012), fatima_43 (31-Mar-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012), ninja_sista (10-Jul-2012), Sister. (01-Apr-2012)

29. Collapse Details

Don't rock up to your Interviewing & Negotiation Skills exam practicum without suiting up; At-Ta'if learnt the hard way and he is now kicking himself.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

Dina_ (09-Jun-2012), from water (23-May-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012)

31. Collapse Details

We plan, but Allah is the Best of Planners .. and what is for us cannot pass us.. and whatever happens to a Muslim is good for them.. no matter what it is... Al Hamdulillah
    Allah is sufficient for us and He is the best Disposer of Affairs..

http://jameelah61.wordpress.com

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carol_au For This Useful Post:

DerGen (23-May-2012), from water (23-May-2012), khadouj (23-May-2012), littleMother (24-May-2012), ninja_sista (10-Jul-2012)

33. Collapse Details

When making a smoothie whilst half asleep, make sure you pay close attention to what your putting in there, as the flaxseed oil bottle is very similar to shape and size of the soy sauce bottle
    "...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:

CVM (09-Jun-2012), Dina_ (09-Jun-2012), Jayne (12-Sep-2012), littleMother (09-Jun-2012)

35. Collapse Details

A lesson on friendship from Ustadh Mustafa Davis:

"I once complained to Habib Ali al Jifri that, despite all the people I know, I could count my true friends on a single hand. He smiled, grabbed my hand and and pushed all my fingers down except one and said "If this was all you had, it would be enough"
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tay_ For This Useful Post:

$uRreNdr (20-Jul-2012), fatima_43 (17-Jun-2012), littleMother (17-Jun-2012)