Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    2 Mcdonalds Stores In Melbourne Have Become Halal 
    HALAL MCDONALDS IN MELBOURNE

Greetings people,

I was in Sydney yesterday and after doing my business went straight to the Punchbowl Halal McDonalds and feasted out. Anyway on my way back to Melbourne I called their head office in Sydney and asked when would they be trialing Halal stores back in Victoria and got told that as of today there are two stores in Melbourne which have received halal certificates and have a full time muslim on site verifying that products coming in to these stores are halal.

Pretty much the full menus in these two stores are halal. Though I am confident also that KFC Fawkner is halal as I have worked there many many years ago and know the person whom changed it to halal these Mc Donalds stores have taken it a step further and went through the proper halal bodies and are fully certified.

The Punchbowl store masallah was full of Muslims and non Muslims which was very good.

Now I know that some people might see this as myself as a good thing and some people might see it as a bad thing but over all I would much rather Muslims whether they practise or not going and eating from a halal Mc Donalds rather then eating from a non halal Mc Donalds which is commonly the case.

Anyhow without further jibbi jabba the details of the two Halal McDonalds stores are as follows:

Store Name: Brunswick East
    Suburb: BRUNSWICK EAST
    Postcode: 3057
    Address: Cnr Holmes & Albion Sts
    Phone Number: (03) 9386-5640

Store Name: St Albans
    Suburb: ST ALBANS
    Postcode: 3021
    Address: 5 St Albans Rd
    Phone Number: (03) 9364-0282

Aka ResmeN

2. Collapse Details

Sabrun Jameelun
    I went to Mcdonalds on Nicholson street, took down the Halal sign and read it, as far as I saw with regards to the burgers mentioned they have stated that the Beef/Chicken used is halal.

But.. as always there is a but.. they made no mention of the bread buns being halal or being certified by the islamic authority as suitable for muslims, nor did they make mention of the cheese (difference of opinion amongst muslims) nor did they make mention of their "special" sauces which they apply to their burgers.

When in doubt it is best to refer back to what is said by he who was sent to us with the guidance and glad tidings for mankind, the mercy to mankind.

On the authority of Al-Numan bin Basheer, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :

"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart."

Bukhari and Muslim

And Allah knows best

Wa Assalamu 3alaikum wr wb

Fulan bin Fulan
    Sahih Muslim Book 41, Number 6954:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come before a person of Qahtan comes forth driving people with his stick.

3. Collapse Details

Abu Sufyaan
    Alhumdulilah 2 stores are Halal, that is good news. And McDonalds recognising the needs of the Muslim community.

4. Collapse Details

A Heart of purity..... Sacrifice's Avatar
    2 stores are great alhamduilla, although id still prefer kebabs and other more filling foods over mcdonalds, for some reason mcdonalds does not satisfy my needs
    Allaahum-magh-fir lee war hamnee wa 'aafinee wahdinee warzuqnee

"O Allaah, forgive me, have mercy on me, protect me,guide me and provide for me".

SubhanAllah Wal Hamdulilah Wa Lai'laha Illalah Wala Hu Akabar Wala Hawla Wa La Quwata Illah Bilahil Aleyil Atheem

5. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Is fawkner KFC fully halal? As in all their products?

6. Collapse Details

mm mm its mac timeeeeeeee...

7. Collapse Details

Heart and Soul in Mecca, Medina and Ta'if. Physically in Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Najah View Post
    Is fawkner KFC fully halal? As in all their products?
    I don't think so. I was advised the chicken popcorn and the nuggets are not halal
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

8. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Thats what I thought, but according to the first post in this thread it is fully.

9. Collapse Details

McDonalds and Halal Food are like chalk and cheese yummy.

10. Collapse Details

Yuuuuum!! I love maccas Im really happy it went halal cause im cravin it now hehe
    Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become character.
    Watch your character, they become destiny!

11. Collapse Details

mmmmmmmmmm chalk and cheese
    If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed, do not despair of it. His reply to you is gauranteed; but in the way He chooses, not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire.

12. Collapse Details

Its soooooo not chalk an cheese
    Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become character.
    Watch your character, they become destiny!

13. Collapse Details

A lesson we can learn from maccas making things halal is that we are able to influence the way companies operate. They don't really care about doing things right islamically, they will make things halal if it feasable for them. If we were to have indulged in their non-halal meat they wouldn't of changed, but Alhamduliah enough people held firm and they took notice.

This lesson can be applied to other industries, particularly banks. If All Muslims refuse to deal in riba, they will provide an alternative (not because they care, but because it will become economically viable). The reality however, is quite different.

14. Collapse Details

I've made enough of a fuss about the meet and chicken not being halal to maccas for them to make it halal now its your turns to complain about the bread and cheese etc. But first find out the ingredients b4 makin any sort of fuss about it.

If it is halal and there is no problems then whats there to worry about. If you pick on every little detail you will go krazy. I hope they make Broady maccas halal.

About the fawkner kfc being halal. Whatever comes in to the store already processed isn't halal but all the rest is halal. If you want to know exactly what is and isnt I suggest you take a trip to kfc and ask them personally.

15. Collapse Details

Well I had a Big Mac the other day for the first time in years...........I can wait another few years before I eat Maccas again I think everyone should watch 'Supersize me'. Yes, there are now 2 McDonald's restaurants that are halal but at the end of the day, Maccas still isn't healthy. I'm going to agree with meme, kebabs all the way!

16. Collapse Details

Abu Sufyaan
    Umm Mohammad: Supersize me is a scam, obviously if you ate Maccas and only Maccas for a month it is not good for you. Too much of anything is no good for you. And like a Kebab is any better lol.

Like saying Coke is healthier then Pepsi.

17. Collapse Details

Where is my halal whopper?

18. Collapse Details

A kebab probably is better. I just compared the amount of calories (rough estimates). I ate a Big Mac, small fries and 6 nuggets and I was STILL hungry. Mind you I don't eat much lol. When I eat a small kebab I can hardly breathe lol So from my rough calculations, the Maccas I ate that day contained about 1000 calories and a kebab has less than that. I still say that a kebab is healthier. Any nutritionists on the forum?

19. Collapse Details

Abu Sufyaan
    I say they are both as bad as each other.

20. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Quote Originally Posted by umm_mohammed View Post
    Any nutritionists on the forum?
    Not a nutritionist but I reckon kebab is the better way to go, because besides the kebab meat which obvious needs fat in it to taste the way it does taste, it is cooked by heat unlike a burger that is fried. When u get maccas most of the meal is fried, chips or nuggets and the burger, even the apple pies are fried! With a kebab u have salad, some garlic sauce and the bread, so to me a kebab would seem a better option. My husband had a maccas meal the other day, a medium meal with a burger and was still hungry! he said it did nothing for him lol