Wednesday, 22nd October, 2014
Fajr: 4:51am (ends 6:26am), Dhuhr: 1:05pm
`Asr: 4:48pm, Maghrib: 7:44pm, `Ishaa': 9:13pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Free Software Foundation announces GNUPhone 
    DEFINED FREEDOM, Gnuisance, Monday (NNGadget) — The Free Software Foundation (NASDAQ: RMS) has announced the Free Software alternative to the evil, DRM-infested, locked-down, defective-by-design iPhone: the GNUPhone.

The key technical innovation of the GNUPhone is that it is completely operated from the command line. “What could be more intuitive than a bash prompt?” said seventeen-year-old Debian developer Hiram Nerdboy. “The ultimate one-dimensional desktop! Just type dial voice +1-555-1212 –ntwk verizon –prot cdma2000 –ssh-version 2 -a -l -q -9 -b -k -K 14 -x and away you go! Simple and obvious!”

The phone will also serve as a versatile personal media player. “I can play any .au file or H.120 video with a single shell command! The iPod could never measure up to this powerful ease of use.” Video is rendered into ASCII art with aalib. “If blocky ASCII teletype softcore pinups were good enough for 1970s minicomputer operators, they’re good enough for you. Respect your elders.”

The KDE project will be bringing its next-generation KDE 4 desktop to the GNUPhone. “You can flip, twirl, dice, blend, fold, spindle and mutilate your terminal windows to your heart’s content,” said developer Aaron Seigo. “Look at that cool effect! Any complaint that basic functions don’t actually work is ignorant of the intrinsic beauty of the Plasma API and is just more FUD spread by haters like Stevie Ray Vaughan-Nichols and Novell Corporation.”

Actual successful voice calls are expected by 2011 to 2012. Regulatory approval is proving problematic in the corrupt, corporate-captured US environment. “The FCC said that if we dared switch on this, uh, ‘piece of ****’ in a built-up area in its present form, they’d break all our fingers with a fourteen-pound cluebat,” said Nerdboy. “They’re obviously shilling for Apple, Nokia and Microsoft.”

The second version of the GNUPhone will run EMACS on the HURD kernel and be operated by writing eLisp macros on the fly. “It’s the clearest, most elegant and natural operating environment anyone could conceive of,” said Nerdboy. “Really, we’re not out to destroy Apple; that will just be a completely unintentional side effect.”

http://notnews.today.com/2008/09/22/...nces-gnuphone/
    He will say, "Oh, I wish I had sent ahead [some good] for my life." Al Fajr - 24

2. Collapse Details

Although humour like this might have rung true 10 years ago, the Free Software movement has come a long way since then, and not least of all in the mobile devices sector.

Here's a few of the more famous Linux-based phones, that some people probably are using and don't even know it's FSF code running them:

Motorola MotoRIZR Z6

Motorola Rokr EM30

Motorola Rokr E8 -- The Rokr E8 is Motorola's first phone with a soft MMI (man-machine interface) that changes with the phone's mode

Motorola RAZR2 V8

NEC N902iX

Samsung SGH-i858

Not to mention the new Google Android mobile platform (Linux based) which is set to put the iPhone to shame. Demos can be found here:

More videos here
    الشعب يريد خلافة من جديد

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

it sounds like some Freemason/Templar conspiracy for world domination.
    It means free as in freedom to use the software as you like. If you read the licenses of most commercial software, you'll ind not only are they not free, cost wise, they're not freely able to be modified or used in the means that suits you. Effectively you bought nothing.

This actually has a lot of implications Islamically, because a transaction of sale Islamically means you relinquish all rights to the entity that you're selling. But according to the licenses of most commercial software, the writer of the software still owns the software. It's not even a valid rental agreement, as you still don't even have the same rights as a renter. Free software on the other hand, may still cost money, but the buyer has the right to the source code, meaning they can modify the program or use it any way shape or form they like, after all, they now own that software.
    الشعب يريد خلافة من جديد

5. Collapse Details

My favorite part.. lol

Video is rendered into ASCII art with aalib. “If blocky ASCII teletype softcore pinups were good enough for 1970s minicomputer operators, they’re good enough for you. Respect your elders.”
    He will say, "Oh, I wish I had sent ahead [some good] for my life." Al Fajr - 24