Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Why Cant Muslim Woman Marry Catholic Men 
    i have a simple question on why it is a sin for a muslim girl to marry a catholic man.... dont matter how in love she is, dont matter how happpy she is..... nothing seems to matter, all that matters is that he is not muslim so its a sin... why is that?

why cant everyone just marry who ever they want no matter what relgion they believe in. muslim men can marry who they want, well most anyways, but the women are resticted to muslim men and muslim men only otherwise they get disowned or its a sin...

whats the go i would just like some answers to his question thats all??

2. Collapse Details

I will post two separate answers taken from Islam Question & Answer website for you. I hope they are of benefit to you.

A Christian woman is saying: Why is it not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a kitaabi man when the opposite is permitted?

Praise be to Allaah.

One of the names of Allaah in which we believe – and we do not think that anyone who believes that he has a Lord will doubt that – is al-Hakeem (the All-Wise). In this manner the noble angels praised Him, because they understood His wisdom in His command to them to prostrate to Adam:

“They (angels) said: ‘Glory is to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise’”

[al-Baqarah 2:32]

He has also testified to this, as have His angels and the people of knowledge:

“Allaah bears witness that Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation in justice. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All‑Mighty, the All-Wise”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:18]

Thus He has established proof against His creation, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘With Allaah is the perfect proof and argument, (i.e. the Oneness of Allaah, the sending of His Messengers and His Holy Books, to mankind); had He so willed, He would indeed have guided you all’”

[al-An’aam 6:149]

Thus it is known that the All-Wise does not do anything in vain, and He does not do anything that is inappropriate. He does not issue any command but that which is better for His creation than any other, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah has sent down the Best Statement, a Book (this Qur’aan), its parts resembling each other (in goodness and truth) (and) oft‑repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allaah. That is the Guidance of Allaah. He guides therewith whom He wills; and whomever Allaah sends astray, for him there is no guide”

[al-Zumar 39:23]

Just as this is implied by His being All-Wise, it is also implied by His being the only Creator. The one who makes a thing knows best what is suited for it, so how about the All-Knowing Creator?

“Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), All‑Aware (of everything)”

[al-Mulk 67:14]

With regard to the wisdom behind the matter that you are asking about, perhaps you know that Islam is the last religion that was revealed from Allaah, hence it abrogates all other religions, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah) hate (it)”

[al-Tawbah 9:33]

“And never will Allaah grant to the disbelievers a way (to triumph) over the believers”

[al-Nisa’ 4:141]

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said; “Islam prevails and is not prevailed over.” Narrated by al-Daaraqutni and others; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (2778).

It is well known that the husband is in charge of his wife (qawaamah) and his status within the family is higher than that of his wife. Perhaps this higher position may make him force his wife to leave her religion and follow his, or it may influence her to do that, and this is something that Islam cannot accept.

The higher status held by the husband may also cause the children of this woman to follow their father’s religion, which is a great error, if these offspring grow up and do not follow the final religion of Allaah.

This is the important reason which Allaah mentioned when He forbade Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

Moreover, if a kitaabi woman (a Jewish or Christian woman) marries a Muslim man, she is marrying someone who believes in her Prophet and all the Prophets of Allaah, because he cannot be a Muslim otherwise, and it is not permissible for him to differentiate between them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allaah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. (They say,) ‘We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers’”

[al-Baqarah 2:285]

Whereas the kitaabi – whether Jewish or Christian – does not believe in Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or that he is the Seal of the Prophets, so how can the two matters be equal, and how can Muslim women marry men who do not believe in their Prophet?

But we should point out here that although it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a kitaabi woman, because of the interests that it is hoped may be served by that, and to avoid burdening people with too many restrictions, it is blameworthy, as Imam Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) said. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 3/67).

This permission serves as a hint to the people of the Book, so that they might realize that Islam has made exceptions for the people of the Book in some rulings that it has not made for other kuffaar. Allaah has permitted us to eat meat slaughtered by the people of the Book, and He has permitted us to marry their women out of respect for the origin of their religions which were based on Tawheed, and out of respect for the Messengers of those religions in whom we are commanded to believe and respect, and to demonstrate the difference between the attitude of the followers of Judaism and Christianity towards our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the attitude of our religion towards their Prophets.

Finally, this ruling should not be strange for other religions, and it is not something odd that is applied by Islam alone. Why should some of those who attack our religion find it strange that Islam forbids our women to marry non-Muslim men, when they do not marry one another even though they are followers of one religion? A Catholic cannot marry a Protestant woman and if he does so he is punished by the church, and vice versa.

According to the canon of the Egyptian Orthodox Coptic Church published in 1938 CE, article 6 states that “difference in religion is an impediment to marriage.”

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
    When Allah tests you, it is never intended to destroy you.
    When He removes something in your possession,
    it is only in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift."
    Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

3. Collapse Details

I am a muslim women who want's to marry a christain man I am not a relgious person but, my family is and I am having a very hard time this matter. I've known this person for ten years. My parents are not really religious but my father is afraid of his mother and what they are going to say about his daughter marrying a christian man. my husband to be has converted to the islamic religion but according to my partents and family this is not good enough. please help what should i do. my husband to be is aware of childeren and also is aware that they will be taught the islamic religion.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is regrettable indeed that anyone would fail to adhere to the religion which Allaah has commanded us to adhere to. What is even more distressing is the fact that a Muslim woman would have a relationship (of any kind) with a non-related Christian man for ten years, when she knows that this is something which angers Allaah, Who has forbidden believing women to do such things in the Qur’an (interpretation of the meaning): “… they should be chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends…” [al-Nisaa’ 4:25]. Equally upsetting is the fact that what this Muslim girl’s father fears most – with regard to the marriage described – is not Allaah, but what his mother will say and how his reputation among his relatives will be affected.

In any case, there is no way out of this problem now except one: this man must become Muslim in a real sense, and start to practise Islam, and he and this girl should repent for what they have done. Then marrying him will be permissible, and what people may say does not matter, so long as everything is done in accordance with Islam and in a way that will not earn the anger of Allaah; the matter can also be explained to close relatives. If this is not possible, then the relationship with this man should be cut completely, and all thought of him should be dismissed from one’s mind. If, my sister, you feel that there is some harshness in this answer, then by Allaah it is only in your best interests and out of concern for you. We ask Allaah to accept our repentance and have mercy on us, for He is the One Who accepts repentance and is All-Merciful.

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

4. Collapse Details

No God-fearing, righteous woman would want to marry a non-Muslim man anyway. I could personally never love or respect a man who did not love Allah. I won't even get started on the family conflict and confusion of children that this would cause, if each parent were strongly devoted to each of their beliefs.

My step-father who raised me was born and raised as a Catholic. He met my mother and wanted to persue a relationship with her, but she refused because he was not a Muslim. He went to the Imam to convert to Islam but the Imaam did not allow it until he learned about Islam and accepted it truthfully with his heart. After a few years he did just that and alhamdulilah he and my mother have been married for 15 years.

When you speak about Muslim men being allowed to marry ahl al-Kittab, there are conditions and while it is permitted, it certainly isn't recommended.
    Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction (13:28)

5. Collapse Details

Since when did the amount of happiness derived from an act determine whether it should be allowed? I'm sure there are heaps of people out there rather happy doing all kinds of inappropriate things.
    "Have they not travelled in the land so that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts which are in the breasts."
    [al-Hajj, ayah 46]

6. Collapse Details

Abu Layla is Invisible Abu Layla's Avatar
    How are they in love if they're not married?? How did they fall in love?

7. Collapse Details

Catholics allow the drinking of alcohol, who would want a husband who will come home drunk?
    Catholics allow sexual acts which we as Muslims do not, no Muslim woman would want herself to be subject to such wicked things.
    But above all, Catholics believe that God became a man, and then had himself killed so that he could forgive humankind for their sins... When the head of the house has problems understanding who God truly is, then there will be major problems for any Muslim living in that household.

If the man changes, and believes that God is 1, and that He is not and has never been a man, and is everlasting and does not die nor rest, and he accepts the True religion of God (Islam) and follows it, then he may marry a Muslim woman if the 2 of them wish to.

However, I must mention, a Catholic man according to Catholic canon (law) is not allowed to marry a non-Christian, so before asking us, ask the Catholic about his own faith.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Musa View Post
    However, I must mention, a Catholic man according to Catholic canon (law) is not allowed to marry a non-Christian, so before asking us, ask the Catholic about his own faith.
    That's exactly the impression I had!! But them some Catholic once said they can marry anyone they want and I got confused...
    "Have they not travelled in the land so that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts which are in the breasts."
    [al-Hajj, ayah 46]

9. Collapse Details

I guess it depends which ones actually follow their religion or not. According to Catholicism, divorce isn't permitted under any circumstance, but there are still many who will go against their religion and get a divorce.
    Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction (13:28)

10. Collapse Details

It's hard to find true practicing Christians. I don't think they fear God as much as we do, and they don't believe in His mercy like we do - so it's easier to sin.....anyway, didn't Jesus die so that God would forgive their sins? It's like they have permission to sin!
    Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah