Saturday, 19th April, 2014
Fajr: 5:23am (ends 6:49am), Dhuhr: 12:20pm
`Asr: 3:23pm, Maghrib: 5:49pm, `Ishaa': 7:11pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Cracked screen or virus?? 
    Asalamualaikum,

I just turned on my laptop and found that half the screen is sort of white with vertical pink/orange/blue lines running through it. There is also a kind of flickering coloured light at the top right corner...basically i can use half my screen but not the other. Anyone have any idea if this is a virus or if my screen is cracked? If the screen is cracked should i be able to see the crack or could it be inside the screen??? I tried system restore and it didnt do anything! Please help.

2. Collapse Details

Wa'Alaykuum Asalam,

I believe you have a dysfunctional screen due to it being hit by something (even though I has no crack). It could be the inner screen that has cracked, butthe actual outer screen has remained intact.

3. Collapse Details

It sounds like a hardware problem but it might not be the actual screen. The cable to the screen might have become faulty or lose.
    "Indeed gentleness does not enter into anything except it beautifies it, nor is it removed from anything except that it disfigures it." - Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) [Muslim 12/212]

4. Collapse Details

Thanx for the replies, I worked out what was wrong with it. Something about the ink inside the screen spilling out from a crack in the screen.