Wednesday, 3rd September, 2014
Fajr: 5:12am (ends 6:39am), Dhuhr: 12:20pm
`Asr: 3:32pm, Maghrib: 6:01pm, `Ishaa': 7:23pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Omer has started herbal remedies for his skin's condition, and it seems that he is taking well to them w'al-hamduli'L-Laah.

Sweet almond oil is rubbed into his skin, left for ten minutes (to allow it to be absorbed I guess) and then St. John's Wort* oil is rubbed in.

SubhaanAllaah, his skin became so much smoother after the first application, w'al-hamduli'L-Laah. My wife decided to apply the cream the hospital recommended one night, and on the other ones the herbal remedies.

A few nights ago, we started applying some herbal remedies for his scalp. The skin there never closed completely... it looked like a freshly picked scab. Prior to the herbal remedies, the "scabs" would never heal. At the herbal remedies shop, the man there advised us to use common yarrow** and momordica charantia*** marinated in oil (don't ask which type of oil).

Again, subhaanAllaah! The first night we applied it, and took it off for his bath approximately 24 hours later, his scabs had virtually disappeared! Last night was thye third time we applied it and inshaaAllaah, we shouldn't haveto apply it tonight! At least for Omer's sake I pray we don't! Momordica charantia is quite chilly, and you can guess what it would feel like to an open wound. Due to the amazıng benefıts that the herbal remedies produced, we decided to even leave the cream that the hospital gave for a few days (possibly a week or so), to give the herbal remedies (the oils) a go inshaaAllaah.

If his condition had worsened after we had applied it, of course, we would not dare try it again. Yet the results look absolutely promising by the grace of Allaah `Azza wa Jall!

Alhamduli'L-Laahi'l-Ladhi b'`IzzatiHi wa JalaaliHi tatimmu'S-Salihaat, w'Allaahu Akbar!
    All in all, all is well here, other than the occasional sniffles from the cold weather here. And Omer had caught a cold, which kept us on our toes for a few days... othehrwise, w'al-hamduli'L-Laah all is going fine

Please keep up your du`aas.

wa'S-Selaamu `alaykum.

** common yarrow in Turkish is
    "civanperçemi"

*** "momordica charantia" aka "balsam pear" in Turkish is "kudret narı"
    My twin boys were severely burnt in a garage fire.
    Make du`aa that the one that survived recovers a complete recovery.

- - -
    "Do not argue with the people of knowledge for you will only cause them to hate you.
    And do not argue with an ignorant person because they may harm you..."

Tirmidhi

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (15-Jan-2012), Abu Dujana (04-Dec-2011), Aloe Vera (04-Dec-2011), At-Ta'if (04-Dec-2011), carol_au (05-Dec-2011), falah (17-Dec-2011), khadouj (05-Dec-2011), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (15-Jan-2012), soulmatters (17-Dec-2011), SuBMiSSioN (04-Dec-2011), Umm Binyameen (05-Dec-2011), ummtasneem (15-Jan-2012)

3. Collapse Details

Wa Alaykum Salaam Wa Rahmatullah,

JazakAllah khayr for the update akhi. May Allah (swt) give your family patience and Omer a full recovery.
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

isa (14-Dec-2011)

5. Collapse Details

I've been in Ankara for the last week, dealing with the army's hospital to see if I'm able to do the mandatory national service or not.

Today I see the board of doctors inshaAllah, who will tell me if I'll come back for another check-up or not (within 12 months), and that I'm an invalid, in terms of doing my national service.

So far, it seems I can't be of use to the military, and my condition report that they gave to be processed states, "Ineligible to be a soldier during peace or war."

Just need to see the board to hear from them if they reckon my condition can improve, hence me having to see them next year, or to hear that they no longer have any hope in that I can serve Turkey.

Ya Rabb! Please, if it is better for me, let them decide that I no longer have to be considered a possible candidate, and if it is better for me, make them give me the invalid decision! I can't be bothered going and coming to the their various departments/clinics for a week again! Four blood tests within a week is enough Ya Rabb!

As for Omer, he's in Yozgat (the province/state we come from), with the rest of my family. Speaking to my wife, she said that his wounds have healed, walhamdulillah.

If I can manage, I'll send update pics as well inshaAllah.

Please keep up the prayers, Jazakumullahu Khayr... oh yeah, I got the net on my phone again alhamdulillah

- - -
    "Do not argue with the people of knowledge for you will only cause them to hate you.

Tirmidhi

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (17-Dec-2011), Abu Dujana (14-Dec-2011), At-Ta'if (17-Dec-2011), falah (17-Dec-2011), Inqiyaad (14-Dec-2011), Iva (14-Dec-2011), khadouj (14-Dec-2011), Sister. (15-Jan-2012), soulmatters (17-Dec-2011), Umm Binyameen (17-Dec-2011), ummtasneem (15-Dec-2011)

7. Collapse Details

Forgot to update y'all... no national service for me, walhamdulillahilladhi b'IzzatiHi wa JalaliHi tatimmussalihat!

Who said being morbidly obese is always bad?

- - -

Tirmidhi

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (17-Dec-2011), Abu Dujana (18-Dec-2011), At-Ta'if (17-Dec-2011), falah (17-Dec-2011), khadouj (17-Dec-2011), littleMother (17-Dec-2011), soulmatters (17-Dec-2011), Umm Binyameen (17-Dec-2011), Ummi_Abdulmalik (17-Dec-2011), ummtasneem (18-Dec-2011)

9. Collapse Details

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah. Hows everything going brother?
    When Allah tests you, it is never intended to destroy you.
    When He removes something in your possession,
    it is only in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift."
    Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Umm Binyameen For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (15-Jan-2012), At-Ta'if (15-Jan-2012), CVM (15-Jan-2012), falah (15-Jan-2012), Inqiyaad (15-Jan-2012), NRaf (15-Jan-2012), soulmatters (15-Jan-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (15-Jan-2012)

11. Collapse Details

Wa alaykum aSSelam wa Rahmatullah,

Thank-you for asking Ukhti Umm Binyameen, and to all those that still remember us

Ömer has limited movement in his left arm/elbow(+shoulder). He can still move it, however I believe extensive sessions of physio are in order, w'Allahu A'lam.

Also, the scabs on his head and elbows are still there. Actually, I can say that the scabs on his elbows reappeared, even. I'm guessing that this is due to not sticking to a regime and trying different things, before the other completed takes effect, w'Allahu A'lam.

Though none of these are hindering him from having a good time, walhamdulillah

Also, we just received his new pressure garment in the post (two days ago) walhamdulillah. He's yet to wear it though. I think that maybe he'll try them on today inshaAllah.

Snow here is weird. I mean, it's nearly the middle of winter, yet snow has only fallen during individual days... not like in succession.

I just prayed Fajr and went to bed. Then after a bit, I started this post (alhamdulillahilladhi B'izzatiHi wa jalaliHi tatimmussalihat for the technology that allows me to send posts from my bed with such a small device), and my dear mother-in-law came in to check that our heater had enough coal in it. She said that there was snow again...

LoL! That whole paragraph, just to say it snowed today

Anyways... including today, it snowed for four (separate) days (like each day it snowed, it didn't for around a week). I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to take a photo... but inshaAllah when I do, I'll try posting it inshaAllah.

Otherwise, we're all fine walhamdulillah.

Please keep up your duas that Ömer recovers with a complete revovery.

If there's anything else anyone would like to know, please feel free to ask.

waSSelamu alaykum.

- - -

Tirmidhi

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (18-Jan-2012), At-Ta'if (15-Jan-2012), carol_au (15-Jan-2012), CVM (15-Jan-2012), falah (15-Jan-2012), fatima_43 (15-Jan-2012), hajji07 (18-Jan-2012), Inqiyaad (15-Jan-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (15-Jan-2012), littleMother (18-Jan-2012), NRaf (15-Jan-2012), Sinan. (15-Jan-2012), Sister. (15-Jan-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (15-Jan-2012), UmmZ. (18-Jan-2012)

13. Collapse Details

EDIT: I just realised, Ömer wasn't too happy posing in that one

EDIT: That's the new pressure garment we received whilst here in Turkey.

- - -

Tirmidhi

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (18-Jan-2012), Abdraheim (05-Mar-2012), Abu Dujana (18-Jan-2012), At-Ta'if (18-Jan-2012), falah (18-Jan-2012), hajji07 (18-Jan-2012), Inqiyaad (18-Jan-2012), jah (15-Feb-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (18-Jan-2012), littleMother (18-Jan-2012), Sinan. (19-Apr-2012), Sister. (18-Jan-2012), ummtasneem (18-Jan-2012), UmmZ. (18-Jan-2012)

15. Collapse Details

I'm over9000!!! Muslim..Priincess's Avatar
    MashAllah, May Allah keep him safe. It's snowing! I wish it was snowing in Aus.
    Religion is all about moral character; therefore, whoever beats you in character beats you in religion."

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity!

- Ibn Qaiyim rahimuhAllaah

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Muslim..Priincess For This Useful Post:

isa (18-Jan-2012)

17. Collapse Details

masha allah good to see you akhi and omer
    عجبت لثلاث

رجل يجري وراء المال والمال تاركه

رجل يخاف على الرزق والله رازقه

رجل يبني القصور والقبر مسكنه
    !!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to S I M B A For This Useful Post:

isa (16-Feb-2012)

19. Collapse Details

ASSelamu alaykum my Dear Brothers and Sisters,

walhamdulillah, we're back in Oz, and already, Ömer is due for surgery.

His health, whilst overseas has improved significantly, by nothing other than the Grace of Allah, Arrahman!

More on the remedies when I get back home, either tonight, or tomorrow inshaAllah.

His surgery is to have the contraction on his left axilla released.

They may be doing some other things, like having a look at his throat (even before the fire, he would snore, before he would sleep). Also, his left hand's little finger is twisting/curling outwards. The micro-plastics doctor is planning on doing something to make it come back. It may be a contraction as well.

Anyways... if anyone awks a question within the next 24-36 I may not be able to answer straight away, or even at all... well not at peat until I get back home b'idhnillah.

So... once again, I request from you all to make dua for his procedure/surgery to go smoothly, and for him to recover from it perfectly.

Jazakumullahu khayr.

waSSelamu alaykum.

- - -

Tirmidhi

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (05-Mar-2012), Abu Dujana (05-Mar-2012), At-Ta'if (05-Mar-2012), fairuzizman (05-Mar-2012), falah (05-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (05-Mar-2012), Inqiyaad (19-Apr-2012), Iva (05-Mar-2012), khadouj (05-Mar-2012), Khaled (05-Mar-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (05-Mar-2012), Sinan. (19-Apr-2012), sourceoflight (05-Mar-2012), ummtasneem (06-Mar-2012), UmmZ. (06-Mar-2012)

21. Collapse Details

Geez! Bloody touchscreen keyboards, and fat fingers!

walhamdulillahi ala kulli hal.

- - -

Tirmidhi

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

falah (05-Mar-2012), khadouj (05-Mar-2012), Khaled (05-Mar-2012)

23. Collapse Details

UPDATE:

Ömer has a chesty cough, and the anaesthetist was having doubts as if to have the operation or not, so it was cancelled.

InshaAllah when Ömer is better, they'll re-book him for another appointment inshaAllah.

Jazakumullahu khayr for your dua thus far.

Please keep them up.

waSSelamu alaykum.

- - -

Tirmidhi

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (05-Mar-2012), falah (05-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (05-Mar-2012), Inqiyaad (19-Apr-2012), khadouj (05-Mar-2012), Khaled (05-Mar-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (05-Mar-2012), littleMother (05-Mar-2012), Sinan. (19-Apr-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (05-Mar-2012), ummtasneem (06-Mar-2012), UmmZ. (06-Mar-2012)

25. Collapse Details

InshAllah everything goes well.
    The Pictures of your son brought tears to my eyes, May Allah bless him in this life & the next

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ummi_Abdulmalik For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (05-Mar-2012), cheesegirl (05-Mar-2012), isa (05-Mar-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (05-Mar-2012)

27. Collapse Details

may Allah azzawajal keep you and your family steadfast brother Isa and reward you for being patient with your trials, ameen!
    اللهم أرنا الحق حقا وأرزقنا اتباعه وأرنا الباطل باطلا وأرزقنا اجتنابه

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatima_43 For This Useful Post:

fairuzizman (05-Mar-2012), falah (05-Mar-2012), isa (05-Mar-2012), Khaled (05-Mar-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (05-Mar-2012), Sinan. (19-Apr-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (05-Mar-2012)

29. Collapse Details

Got the date for his next admission: late April inshaAllah.

Please keep up the duas

Jazakumullahu Khayr.

- - -

Tirmidhi

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (18-Mar-2012), Inqiyaad (19-Apr-2012)

31. Collapse Details

May Allah (swt) grant you and your family success in all your affairs akhi and reward you abundantly for the trials you endure, ameen.
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

32. The Following User Says Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

isa (18-Mar-2012)

33. Collapse Details

Ömer was due for a procedure today, but another child (la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah, fa inna lillahi wa inna ilayHi raji'un) was admitted to the RCH for severe burns, hence Ömer's procedure being postponed.

I ask Allah Azza wa Jall to cure my son completely, alongside that child, in the swiftness way possible, amin, Allahumma amin.

Till next time, please keep up the duas, they are much appreciated.

waSSelamu alaykum.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (19-Apr-2012), Abu Dujana (19-Apr-2012), At-Ta'if (19-Apr-2012), El Muslima (19-Apr-2012), falah (19-Apr-2012), hajji07 (19-Apr-2012), Inqiyaad (19-Apr-2012), is@ (19-Apr-2012), khadouj (19-Apr-2012), knowledge_a_lost_treasure (19-Apr-2012), Omar Abdur Rahman (19-Apr-2012), Sinan. (19-Apr-2012), sourceoflight (19-Apr-2012)

35. Collapse Details

How are things going with your son brother? InshaAllah things are still improving.
    "Have they not travelled in the land so that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts which are in the breasts."
    [al-Hajj, ayah 46]

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheesegirl For This Useful Post:

fatima_43 (13-May-2012), isa (13-May-2012), khadouj (13-May-2012), Omar Abdur Rahman (13-May-2012)

37. Collapse Details

aSSelamu alaykum Ukhti cheesegirl,

Omer is really good walhamdulillah.

If he didn't have scarring, you'd be hard-pressed telling he went through such an ordeal.

He was due for surgery a bit over a week ago, and once more it was pushed to a later date. Alhamdulillahi ala kulli hal.

This time, instead of trying to get several procedures done in the one hit, they plan on doing them one at a time inshaAllah.

This equals booking the theatre for shorter periods, meaning potentially less chance of cancellation if an urgent longer booking is necessary.

So, instead of having his axilla release and left pinky straightened, only one of them will be dealt with b'idhnillah.

He's booked for theatre this Thursday inshaAllah.

Please continue making dua for him, all other sick children and Muslimeen and Muslimaat.

Jazakumullahu Khayr.

waSSelamu alaykum.

- - -

Tirmidhi

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (13-May-2012), cheesegirl (26-May-2012), El Muslima (13-May-2012), hajji07 (13-May-2012), khadouj (13-May-2012), littleMother (13-May-2012), Precious_Diamond (13-May-2012), Saffiya (13-May-2012), soulmatters (18-May-2012)

39. Collapse Details

Just a heads up for everyone wondering why there has been no updates.

Ömer is good walhamdulillah.

His last appointment was also cancelled. Khayr inshaAllah.

This time it was cancelled due to another emergency burns patient being admitted the day before Ömer's appointment. Allahumma Yashfih.

We do not have another appointment set for his surgery as of yet. Again, khayr inshaAllah.

So, please keep up the duas that he has a complete recovery.

Jazakumullahu Khayr.

waSSelamu alaykum

- - -

Tirmidhi

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to isa For This Useful Post:

CVM (25-May-2012), fatima_43 (26-May-2012), hajji07 (25-May-2012), khadouj (26-May-2012), lala (25-May-2012), Precious_Diamond (26-May-2012), UmmZ. (25-May-2012)