Saturday, 2nd August, 2014
Fajr: 5:50am (ends 7:20am), Dhuhr: 12:27pm
`Asr: 3:12pm, Maghrib: 5:33pm, `Ishaa': 6:59pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1507
  1. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Nah don't make it again too soon, he will get sick of it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Najah For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (13-Apr-2012), Sister. (13-Apr-2012)

3. Collapse Details

#include "islam.h"; (bro)
    *reminisces about chickpea curry*

"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers." - Hadith

4. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Lol

5. Collapse Details

lol My wife made the recipe sister Sister (try saying that 3 times really fast) posted and it was really nice mashaAllaah. And I'm not a chickpea fan. We had it with coconut rice

My folks and in laws are coming over so I've marinated some tandoori chicken pieces and gonna make some homemade tandoori pizzas when they get here inshaAllaah

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (14-Apr-2012), Sister. (14-Apr-2012), UmmNRZ (13-Apr-2012)

7. Collapse Details

MashAllah Khalid, I have to say, you and your wife sound like GREAT cooks! I made the chicken pie of yours tonight for dinner. It was FANTASTIC. So yum mashAllah. Bring on any recipes that you have.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Saffiya For This Useful Post:

Khaled (01-May-2012)

9. Collapse Details

Red face
    I'm being a bit ambitious with my cooking today...

-Chicken tikka masala
    -dahi bhalla/bade (the Pakistani version)
    -sticky date pudding

~INSHA'ALLAH~

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sister. For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (01-May-2012), NRaf (01-May-2012), UmmNRZ (01-May-2012)

11. Collapse Details

#include "islam.h"; (bro)
    Yumzo!
    "Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers." - Hadith

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NRaf For This Useful Post:

Sister. (01-May-2012)

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Saffiya View Post
    MashAllah Khalid, I have to say, you and your wife sound like GREAT cooks! I made the chicken pie of yours tonight for dinner. It was FANTASTIC. So yum mashAllah. Bring on any recipes that you have.
    May Allaah reward you sis. I was a sous chef at an Italian restaurant for bout 4 years, so i learnt some really good sauces and learnt how food works and how to cook it so it's always tender. I was also taught what goes with what and cooking methods I should stay away from. Very cool 4 years

Most my non Italian dishes are just knowing what tastes good and what works well. Me and my wife together in the kitchen alhamdulillaah so we always enjoy ourselves in there.

If you look through my past threads in this section you'll find some nice pasta sauces, risottos, etc.

14. Collapse Details

and learnt how food works and how to cook it so it's always tender.
    How long would you bake a frozen piece of marinated salmon (medium sized fillet) at 180 degrees fan forced without drying it out?
    "When you perceive hardness in your heart, weakness in your body, and paucity in your sustenance - then know that you have spoken about that which does not concern you!" - Malik Bin Dinar

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sister. View Post
    I'm being a bit ambitious with my cooking today...

-Chicken tikka masala
    -dahi bhalla/bade (the Pakistani version)
    -sticky date pudding

~INSHA'ALLAH~
    And pappadums and pistachio lassi inshaAllah....

Yeah...I got a bit carried away at the supermarket

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sister. For This Useful Post:

NRaf (01-May-2012)

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by UmmNRZ View Post
    How long would you bake a frozen piece of marinated salmon (medium sized fillet) at 180 degrees fan forced without drying it out?
    First of all, I wouldn't use frozen salmon I can only eat fresh fish cause I get scared I'd get sick..

What's it marinated in? I wouldn't marinate salmon either as it has a unique taste and marinating it would ruin that. I would just make some sort of butter sauce for eg garlic butter, sage butte, etc.

If its already marinated in something like lemon, than expect it to be properly a tiny bit cooked as the aid in the lemon would have begun he cooking process.

Ialsoit really depends how you like your salmon. Some like it raw, smoked, medium, well done etc so you need to be more specific.

Me personally don't like salmon lol but I have cooked it and seen it cooked.

Once my cousin bought some fresh salmon at the restaurant as the special of the day and we had some

Sprinkle so,e sea salton the skin. Everyone loves the skin bit of the salmon. Add bit of oil to the already hot pan and put than add the salmon, skin down, after a few seconds (when oil heats up). Do this on a medium to high heat for about 4-5 mites (depending on how thick the salmon is. The skin should be very crispy). Turn it around and another 3-4 minutes. Try scraping the top with a fork to see if it's flaky if it's, it should be ready. My cousin cooked all ours with a little pink in the centre. I personally would not bake fish in an oven because it is thinner than other proteins and more fragile and cooks quicker (unless it's like swimming in sauce like Samki harra)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:

UmmNRZ (02-May-2012)

19. Collapse Details

Dahi bade.. yummmmmmmmmm. I have a yoghurt obsession so seem to like all foods that are cooked in yoghurt - mantu, dahi bade, koosa bi laban and so on.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

Sister. (01-May-2012), UmmNRZ (02-May-2012)

21. Collapse Details

Best yoghurt dish = my wife's sheesh borok
    "...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:

$uRreNdr (03-May-2012)

23. Collapse Details

Still haven't eaten that dish surprisingly enough I told my DH yesterday and he's like what? yes you have. and I go nope I remember everything I eat lol. Because he isn't a big fan his mum has never made it when we are there. So really it is all his fault.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (03-May-2012), Saffiya (01-May-2012)

25. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    i looooveeeee sheesh barak, its really tasty. I should ask my mum to make it actually.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Najah For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (01-May-2012)

27. Collapse Details

Shutup everybody and listen to me!

My food was an epic win mashaAllah mashaAllah! I made dua it would taste good and alhamdulillah by Allah's (swt) Will, it did
    Oh, and I ended up making some coconut rice, too.... >____> not sure why I was in the mood for a feast but meh. Worked out well alhamdulillah.

Pikchasss

The chicken tikka masala was

oh

my

God...

So good mashaAllah! I don't usually compliment my own food (because it doesn't often turn out well, tbh ) but wallah as soon as I put the first spoon of chicken tikka masala in my mouth I just stopped and was like "OH my God..." and dh and brother just stared at me lol.

The coconut rice wasn't very coconutty, the lassi was nice mashaAllah, the papadums were...well...papadums, the dahi bada was yum but I forgot to add chaat masala on top at the end for serving, and the sticky date pudding, well....

EPIC win mashaAllah! So so so so so GOOD! Alhamdulillah Very happy with myself.
    Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful. (Surat al Isra': 27)

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sister. For This Useful Post:

*Muhajabah* (02-May-2012), *saRah* (03-May-2012), aussiemu (01-May-2012), CVM (03-May-2012), jah (02-May-2012), NRaf (02-May-2012), Saffiya (01-May-2012)

29. Collapse Details

Oh and my brother invented this cool thing that dh tried out too. He basically scooped some rice onto a papadum then topped it off with some of the chicken tikka masala.

He wouldn't stop raving on about it -

Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful. (Surat al Isra': 27)

30. Collapse Details

Yum! Sister. It's wrong to torture a pregnant woman like that. Is that salty lassi? I have a craving now.. hmm..

31. The Following User Says Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

Sister. (01-May-2012)

32. Collapse Details

Lol no it was sweet lassi, I don't like salty. When it comes to salty yoghurt drinks, I only do the ayraan lol.

I'll make some sticky date pudding and bring it round next time I'm in Fawkner inshaAllah (assuming that was what you were referring to re the torture thing).

33. Collapse Details

I call it lassi still :P I love salty ayran - that's what I meant by lassi coz everyone has different words for it. We call it shumleh? if that's how you spell it.