Tuesday, 2nd September, 2014
Fajr: 5:15am (ends 6:42am), Dhuhr: 12:21pm
`Asr: 3:31pm, Maghrib: 5:59pm, `Ishaa': 7:22pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Does Islam allow to wish Jumma Mubarak ?? 
    Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahamtullah Wa Barakatuh,

I need some Quranic or Hadith references I wants to know the virtues of wishing someone Jumma Mubarak.
    ''Alahumma infa'ni bima 'allamtani'' OH ALLAH! MAKE USEFUL 4 ME WAT U TAUGHT ME N TEACH ME KNOWLEDGE THAT WIL B USEFUL 4 ME. Ameen

2. Collapse Details

I'm over9000!!! Muslim..Priincess's Avatar
    There's actually the opposite, where some shaykhs has said it's bi'dah.
    Religion is all about moral character; therefore, whoever beats you in character beats you in religion."

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity!

- Ibn Qaiyim rahimuhAllaah

3. Collapse Details

Subhanallah, why would wishing somebody Jumaah mubarak be bid'ah? You're simply making a nice duaa...
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

4. Collapse Details

Islam allows us to make nice greetings, however the main issue with Jumu'ah Mubarak is that it is incorrect in Arabic.

Jumu'ah is a feminine noun and hence the following word must also be feminine, therefore the correct way of saying it is Jumu'ah Mubarakah.

In regards to greetings, no doubt they are regulated in many ways. For example, it is from the Prophet's Sunnah to greet with Assalamu Alaykum (peace be upon you), so if someone abandoned this and said Assalamu Ma'akum (peace be with you) this is a bid'ah and must not be done.

In regards to Jumu'ah Mubarakah there is no known greeting that the Prophet had for this day, so it is not a case of abandoning an established Sunnah. However there is the view that by not doing so that the Sunnah is not using any specific greeting and simply using the normal greetings that the Prophet used (eg. Assalamu Alaykum) for such days.
    In such cases Allah knows best, its fine to use a greeting that has a good meaning such as Jumu'ah Mubarakah, but one should abstain from always using it and allowing it to become something expected.

If I were in a country for example where everybody said Jumu'ah Mubarakah and frowned upon someone who did not, I would not use this phrase at all, to show it is not a Sunnah and does not have to be said. I would not say however that it is Haraam, rather it can become disliked.

I never say Jumu'ah Mubarakah and I believe this is best as it was the way of the Prophet. If someone says it, I will wish them the same back. This was how the Sahabah were with greetings like 'Taqabbal Allahu minnaa wa minkum' for Eid. Some of them would say it, and some would not. Those who did not would respond to it, but not initiate it themselves.

5. Collapse Details

Abu Layla is Invisible Abu Layla's Avatar
    At the same time, Jumu`ah is also a `Eid. Allaahu a`lam, it seems harmless.........for now.... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

6. Collapse Details

Shaykh Sulaymaan al-Maajid (may Allah preserve him), when he said:

We do not think it is prescribed to exchange congratulations on Fridays, such as saying to one another, “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” and so on, because it comes under the heading of du‘aa’s and dhikrs, which must be based on a text (of the Qur’aan or Sunnah) because this is purely the matter of worship and if it were good, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) would have done it before us. If anyone suggests that this is permissible, then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

End quote from the Shaykh’s website (may Allah preserve him)

قول: جمعة مباركة | موقع الشيخ سليمان الماجد

7. Collapse Details

Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan also calls it a bid'ah...

None of the salaf congratulated each other with 'jumu'ah mubaarak'...

Watch these vids:

8. Collapse Details

Asalamwalikam Brothers and sisters,

Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Hadith Number 0063.

Chapter : Concerning the eminence of Islam and of the affairs which are excellent.

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. 'Amr (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu) that a man asked the Messenger of Allah (Sallal Laahu Ta'ala Alayhi Wa Sallam) which of the merits (is superior) in Islam. He (Sallal Laahu Ta'ala Alayhi Wa Sallam) remarked: That you provide food and extend greetings to one whom you know or do not know.

Saying Jummah Mubaarak falls under the category of greeting. In the above Hadith Shareef it is the Salaam that we say to each other that is being directly referred to but there's no restriction on this. Any form of greeting which involves wishing goodness from Allah Sunhaamahu Wa Ta'ala for each other is a virtuous act. When we say Jummah Mubaarak we must mean what we say and must wish with the intention that the other person benefit from the virtues of this day which is a day of rememberance of Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala.

Rememberance of the days of Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala

Surah Ibrahim 14, verse 5: And indeed We sent Moosa along with Our signs that, "Bring your people from the realms of darkness into light - and remind them of the days of Allah *; indeed in them are signs for every greatly enduring, grateful person." (* When various favours were bestowed - in order to give thanks and be patient.)

Friday as a day of rememberance of Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala

Surah Juma`h 62, Verse 9: O People who Believe! When the call for prayer is given on (Friday) the day of congregation, rush towards the remembrance of Allah and stop buying and selling; this is better for you if you understand.

Friday as the day of guidance from Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Hadith Number 1863.

Chapter : There is a special (fortunate) time on Friday.

Huraira Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu reported Allah's Messenger (Sallal Laahu Ta'ala Alayhi Wa Sallam) as saying: We were guided aright to Friday (as a day of prayer and meditation), but Allah diverted those who were before us from it.

Saying Jummah Mubaarak with the intention that we dearly wish the person to benefit from the numerous virtues and blessings of Yaum ul Jummah is among the acts of seeking the munificence (generosity) of Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala.

Surah Juma`h 62, Verse10: And when the prayer ends, spread out in the land and seek Allah’s munificence , and profusely remember Allah, in the hope of attaining success.
    ''Alahumma infa'ni bima 'allamtani'' OH ALLAH! MAKE USEFUL 4 ME WAT U TAUGHT ME N TEACH ME KNOWLEDGE THAT WIL B USEFUL 4 ME. Ameen

9. Collapse Details

Heart and Soul in Mecca, Medina and Ta'if. Physically in Sydney
    Is It a Bid’a (Reprehensible Innovation) to Say “Jumu’a Mubarak” (Blessed Friday) to Other Muslims?

Answered by Sidi Faraz A. Khan

Question: I was wondering if it is biddah to say Jumma Mubarak to our fellow muslims. Thank you!

Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

I pray this finds you in the best of health and faith.

I was not able to find any textual basis for the phrase Jumu’a Mubarak (Blessed Friday) in the works of hadith, fiqh, etc. However, as shown below, it is permissible to congratulate someone with such a phrase, based on the general permissibility of congratulating Muslims for special occasions such as Eid.

Eid Mubarak

The majority of jurists permit giving congratulations on Eid. [Mawsu'a Fiqhiyya Kuwaitiyya]

Ibn Amir al-Hajj, the 9th-century (Hijri) Hanafi scholar of Egypt, deemed it recommended due to the numerous sound narrations related of the Companions doing so with phrases like, “May Allah accept from us and you.” (Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum)

He then notes that, in his time, “What is common practice in Syria and Egypt is for people to say Eid Mubarak alayka (Blessed Eid to you), and the like. This [and similar phrases] could be conjoined to that [phrase that is narrated from the Companions] in both being legislated as well as being recommended, as each entails the other. This is because if one’s works are accepted from him in a certain time, then that time is surely a blessed time for him. Not to mention, prayer for blessings (baraka) has been narrated [in the Qur'an and Sunna] with respect to many occasions, and so from that [precedent] can be derived [the legislation/recommendation of] praying for it here [on Eid] as well.” [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]

Jumu’a Mubarak

It is narrated in well-authenticated and sound narrations that our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that Friday is an Eid of the Muslims. [Ibn Maja, Sahih Ibn Hibban]

And based on the reasoning by Ibn Amir al-Hajj cited above, we know that like Eid, Friday is a day of much blessing—a day in which one’s works are accepted, one’s sins are forgiven, and one’s prayers are answered.

Furthermore, in his work al-Maqasid al-Hasana, Imam Sakhawi discusses the following phrase that people would often quote as a hadith, “Congratulating in [certain] months and Eids is from what people take on as custom.” He states that the basic “meaning” is certainly narrated from the Companions with respect to Eid specifically, and that there is even a narration [albeit very weak] of doing so on Friday, as well as one [again albeit very weak] of in general congratulating one’s neighbor for any good occasion. Stronger than all of this, however, is what is narrated in Bukhari and Muslim that Talha stood up and congratulated Ka’b on the day Allah forgave the latter. [al-Maqasid al-Hasana]

One can appreciate, then, that Imam Sakhawi—himself a great hadith master, as well as main student of the eminent hadith master Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani—considered the general example of the Companions congratulating each other on blessed occasions as sufficient precedent for the Muslims to do so on special months and “Eids,” which we have shown above to include Friday, as established by sound prophetic reports.

In light of the above, there would be nothing wrong for a person to congratulate his fellow Muslim on Friday with a phrase such as Jumu’a Mubarak. As a “phrase” it is newly invented, yet as a “meaning” it coincides perfectly with the Islamic viewpoint of Friday and its merits.

Lastly, for a detailed exposition on the concept of bid’a in Islam, I would suggest the following article by Sheikh Nuh Keller:

The Concept of Bid’a in the Islamic Shari’a And Allah knows best.

wassalam
    Faraz

Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)