Friday, 29th August, 2014
Fajr: 5:19am (ends 6:46am), Dhuhr: 12:22pm
`Asr: 3:29pm, Maghrib: 5:57pm, `Ishaa': 7:19pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    A family in need 

A sister and her family whom I know personally are currently struggling financially. They were unable to pay their rent last month, and Alhumdullillaah their landlord has agreed to allow them to pay it next month, so they basically need to pay two months rent by the 1st April inshaa'Allaah, along with a couple of other bills. I ask you all to help this family inshaa'Allaah, as it's become really difficult for both the husband and wife to work. They may need ongoing help, but if we can raise the money needed to pay their rent off by the above date I know it would save them a lot of heartache.

If we could raise $3000 in the next couple of weeks inshaa'Allaah I can pass it on to the sister before the 1st April so that they can take care of this debt that's currently on their shoulders. Please also make dua'a for them, as they have young children, and I know it's been truly difficult on them all.

The account details to donate to are:

[mod: no longer collecting donations, Alhumdulillaah]
    and may Allaah increase you all in wealth and good health.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuBMiSSioN For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (16-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (19-Mar-2012), CVM (16-Mar-2012), Imaan81 (28-Mar-2012), Inqiyaad (17-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (19-Mar-2012), naz4321 (19-Mar-2012), Saffiya (16-Mar-2012)

3. Collapse Details

A brother donated $200 via paypal - will transfer to you inshallah. may Allah SWT reward him and grant this family ease.

Also another $100 from a sister. Will transfer that to you as well. may Allah SWT reward her.

So add it to the total inshallah.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

naz4321 (19-Mar-2012), SuBMiSSioN (16-Mar-2012)

5. Collapse Details

For anyone wanting to paypal please PM me inshallah. jazakallah khair
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

6. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Wats the diff between using paypal or direct deposit?

7. Collapse Details

Not much except some people prefer Paypal nowadays. Also some people have donated from overseas as well using Paypal. People are used to paying things for paypal nowadays as you just put in the email and send money instead of filling in BSB numbers etc. When we had the link up the top during charity collections like for the pakistan relief etc most of our donations were via paypal and not direct deposit so I guess a lot of people prefer it. I can't set it up at the moment till I go make an account for AM first.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

8. Collapse Details

Alhumdulillaah there's $950 in the account atm, including the payments that came through paypal.

We're a third of the way there, I know we can dig deeper than that inshaa'Allaah and raise these funds. May Allaah reward you all tenfold.
    What is for you will not pass you and what passes you is not for you!

لا تضيع الامانة
    Do not lose the trust..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuBMiSSioN For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (19-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (19-Mar-2012), naz4321 (19-Mar-2012)

10. Collapse Details

$1,990 has been raised so far mashaa'Allaah tabaarak'Allaah. Yalla, not much to go inshaa'Allaah. Please try and dig deep as the sooner I can pass the money onto the family the better inshaa'Allaah.

لا تضيع الامانة
    Do not lose the trust..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuBMiSSioN For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (22-Mar-2012)

12. Collapse Details

$2090 has been raised for the family Alhumdulillaah. We just need a little over $900 to reach our goal inshaa'Allaah. As I said earlier, the sooner we can raise this money for the family, the better. They really are struggling and need our every dua'a to help them through this tough time.

On the authority of Abu Hurairah that the Prophet said:

"Whosoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgment. Whosoever alleviates [the lot of] a needy person, Allah will alleviate [his lot] in this world and the next. Whosoever shields a Muslim, Allah will shield him in this world and the next. Allah will aid a servant [of His] so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, without tranquility descending upon them, mercy enveloping them, the angels surrounding them, and Allah making mention of them amongst those who are with Him. Whosoever is slowed down by his actions will not be hastened forward by his lineage." [Muslim]

لا تضيع الامانة
    Do not lose the trust..

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuBMiSSioN For This Useful Post:

Abdraheim (28-Mar-2012), aussiemu (27-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (28-Mar-2012), Najah (27-Mar-2012), naz4321 (27-Mar-2012)

14. Collapse Details

missing home town
    Quote Originally Posted by SuBMiSSioN View Post

On the authority of Abu Hurairah that the Prophet said:

"Whosoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgment. Whosoever alleviates [the lot of] a needy person, Allah will alleviate [his lot] in this world and the next. Whosoever shields a Muslim, Allah will shield him in this world and the next. Allah will aid a servant [of His] so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, without tranquility descending upon them, mercy enveloping them, the angels surrounding them, and Allah making mention of them amongst those who are with Him. Whosoever is slowed down by his actions will not be hastened forward by his lineage." [Muslim]
    i like this very much its very very true
    MashA ALLAh

15. Collapse Details

AA sis

MashAllah.

Do they qualify for zakat? please let me know, jazak Allahu khairan

Also, whats the email addy for paypay deposits?

16. Collapse Details

Alhumdulillaah the money has been raised for the family, mashaa'Allaah tabaarak'Allaah. May Allaah reward you all immensely. I will be in contact with the sister inshaa'Allaah to pass the money on to her as soon as I possibly can.

Imaan: I'm not sure, but if the family need any help in the future and they do qualify for zakat, I'll let you know.

wassalamu alaykum

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuBMiSSioN For This Useful Post:

Abdraheim (28-Mar-2012), aussiemu (29-Mar-2012)