Wednesday, 23rd July, 2014
Fajr: 5:56am (ends 7:28am), Dhuhr: 12:27pm
`Asr: 3:06pm, Maghrib: 5:26pm, `Ishaa': 6:53pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Thread: Acknowledgment

1. Collapse Details
    Acknowledgment 
    Thumbs up

This is just something I have been thinking about, and I've come to the realisation that whilst we are generally good at advising and reminding our brothers and sisters of their obligations and shortcomings (which is great), very little do we acknowledge the good in people.

If we look hard enough, we can find some sort of goodness in a Muslim, one way or another. Even if it may seem small, it might be valuable in the sight of Allah (swt).

We should strive to dwell on these points and expressly acknowledge the goodness in the form of a compliment so the individual can build on his/her goodness.

You know, a little compliment goes a long way. It will essentially build the self-esteem of the individual and strengthen your relationship with others.

Just a little pat on the back saying keep it up brother/sister and I'm sure that person will think about it when they put their head on the pillow that night.

Acknowledgment of goodness in a marriage will do much for that relationship; instill mutual respect, love, harmony and understanding.

So, for all the brothers and sisters who deal with the hardships of being a Muslim in this day and age, be it observing the hijab in the face of verbal abuse, or working hard to earn halal money to provide for your family, you're doing a great job, be proud of yourself and keep up the good work insha'Allah ta'aala.

Wassalaam.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

*Muhajabah* (19-Mar-2012), *saRah* (20-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (19-Mar-2012), CVM (18-Mar-2012), empty slogan (20-Mar-2012), falah (18-Mar-2012), Fatemah (20-Mar-2012), from water (18-Mar-2012), Islam_Junkie (20-Mar-2012), Khaled (20-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (18-Mar-2012), Sinan. (20-Mar-2012), Sister. (18-Mar-2012), Tay_ (18-Mar-2012)

3. Collapse Details

In psychology/education this called "positivie reinforcement".
    Singapore: oppresses Muslims, bans athaan, bans hijab in schools, prevents building of madrassahs or muslim schools, puts limit on the percentage of Muslims allowed in each apartment building, and bans Muslims from joining Singapore's elite military forces. Singapore; Israel's best buddy!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falah For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (18-Mar-2012), from water (18-Mar-2012), Islam_Junkie (20-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (18-Mar-2012)

5. Collapse Details

*pats myself on my back*
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Najwa Al Mu'minah For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (19-Mar-2012), from water (18-Mar-2012), Sister. (18-Mar-2012)

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Najwa Al Mu'minah View Post
    *pats myself on my back*
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

from water (18-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (18-Mar-2012)

9. Collapse Details

Yeah I agree. There are a lot of people I respect very greatly on this forum, but I am usually hesitant to compliment, especially when it comes to sisters. I think the least one can do is make du`aa' for people though.

I think Muslims should like other Muslims in general, even the ones we don't see as ideal, and have loyalty to them and place them on the pedestal even if we are sometimes saddened or gloomy about some of their actions. We should care about their well-being and wish them guidance in that case, and take into consideration good things those people do as you said. I like a Muslim brother who has loyalty to Islam and Muslims, even if he is so liberal that he drinks. And I like him more than a Muslim always at the masjid but does not place other Muslims on the appropriate pedestal and spares kind words and compromise only for those other than them.

But yes there are definitely good people on this forum I believe, honest straightforward people as well as those that love the Qur'aan.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to from water For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (20-Mar-2012), At-Ta'if (18-Mar-2012), aussiemu (20-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (19-Mar-2012), Fatemah (20-Mar-2012), Islam_Junkie (20-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (18-Mar-2012)

11. Collapse Details

Um.. how is this different to how you should treat everyone? Regardless of religion?

12. Collapse Details

Senior Member Curiously_Undercover's Avatar
    It isn't Jayne. I think it just a habit to refer most posts to Muslims specifically, since the vast majority on this forum are Muslim =}

We should always wish the best upon people, and if that person happens to be a non-Muslim, then for a Muslim wishing them the best would be asking Allah swt to guide them.
    ‎"Everything Allah Plans To Be Will Always Become A Reality"

http://www.nutrimetics.com.au/houda

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curiously_Undercover For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (19-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (20-Mar-2012)

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Um.. how is this different to how you should treat everyone? Regardless of religion?
    Jayne - as Curiously_Undercover stated, I was referring to Muslims because the majority of members that constitute the forum are Muslims.

However, If I see that a non-Muslim is enjoining in goodness, I will certainly acknowledge and encourage it.
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (19-Mar-2012), Fatemah (20-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (20-Mar-2012)

16. Collapse Details

Mashallah nice thread akhi and a great reminder. I feel we have no struggle voicing our opinions/debating, yet we struggle to notice the good in people be it on this forum or in daily life.
    If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed, do not despair of it. His reply to you is gauranteed; but in the way He chooses, not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *saRah* For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (20-Mar-2012), Curiously_Undercover (20-Mar-2012), empty slogan (20-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (20-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (20-Mar-2012)

18. Collapse Details

Just on the subject (and I also agree with what's being said)

The etiquette of praising a fellow Muslim

He (SAW) said: ‘If anyone of you is impelled to praise his brother, then he should say: “I deem so-and-so to be…and Allaah is his reckoner…and I don’t praise anyone, putting it (i.e. my praising) forward, in front of Allaah’s commendation, however I assume him so and so’…if he knows that of him.
    The Biggest Enemy of Islam is Ignorance.
    The Prophet S.A.W said, "An intelligent person is one who is constantly thinking about and preparing for death."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Islam_Junkie For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (20-Mar-2012)