Thursday, 18th September, 2014
Fajr: 4:49am (ends 6:16am), Dhuhr: 12:15pm
`Asr: 3:38pm, Maghrib: 6:13pm, `Ishaa': 7:36pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Thread: 20th March

1. Collapse Details
    20th March 
    ‎20th March

This day 10 years ago Amir Khattab was martyred when he opened a poisoned letter given to him by an infiltrator that was working with the Russians.

Khattab (May Allah have mercy on him) fought against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan and then went to Chechnya and led the Mujahideen against the Russians again.. he said "if you told me that I was going to fight the Russians IN Russia I would have never believed you"

From his quotes:

MAN 3AASHA SAGHEERAN MAATA SAGHEERAN WA MAN 3AASHA LI UMMATIHI 3ADHEEMAN MAATA 3ADHEEMAN

Rough translation: "Whoever lives a low life will die being low but whoever lives great, for his nation, will die great"

and he also said: AYNAL QAA'ID? AL QA'ID HUWA ALATHI YA3EESHU FIL KHANAADIQ WA LAYSA MAN YA'EESHU FIL FANADIQ.

Who is the leader? The leader is the one that lives in the trenches, and not the one who lives in the hotels.

and he said to his soldiers, who came from diff parts of the world with many of them being Arabs..

"Verily these people (as in the Chechens) don't know your language, but this does not have to be a HAAJIZ (barrier) between you and them, indeed show them your sincerity in your actions".

and he said "I fear that I die in suffocation, or cancer, or accident, but verily I wish to die as a martyr" - Khattab wanted to die on the battlefield just as Khalid bin Walid radiyaAllahu anhu wished the same.. but Allah almighty already decreed which way they will die.. Nevertheless they are still our warriors and our heroes and the martyr LIVES FOREVER!!!!

May Allah have mercy on our martyrs that sacrifice their lives to protect our honour, religion, and land and may Allah give us victory ameen

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to fatima_43 For This Useful Post:

Ahmad (20-Mar-2012), BintMuhammad (20-Mar-2012), Inqiyaad (20-Mar-2012), Islam_Junkie (20-Mar-2012), Khaled (20-Mar-2012), littleMother (20-Mar-2012), Melb (20-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (20-Mar-2012), ninja_sista (21-Mar-2012), NRaf (21-Mar-2012), Saffiya (20-Mar-2012), Sinan. (20-Mar-2012), sista_tasneem (21-Mar-2012)

3. Collapse Details

Amen!!!!
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

4. Collapse Details

JazakAllahu khairan. Theres a great biography on him on youtube, I think its a 2 part series. Have you seen it?

5. Collapse Details

I've seen a bit of it ages ago
    اللهم أرنا الحق حقا وأرزقنا اتباعه وأرنا الباطل باطلا وأرزقنا اجتنابه

6. Collapse Details

It's longer than 2 parts, I think more like 11 parts with English subtitles.
    O you who believe! Stand out firmly for All‚h as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear All‚h. Verily, All‚h is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mā'idah: 8)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

Ummi_Abdulmalik (20-Mar-2012)

8. Collapse Details

Whats it titled under?
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

9. Collapse Details

Some say its 11 parts, some say its 2, I say its 1

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbuAA For This Useful Post:

fatima_43 (21-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (21-Mar-2012)

11. Collapse Details

One of the best documentaries. MashAllah