Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    What Are Your Views On This Diet? 
    Senior Member Curiously_Undercover's Avatar
    Question
    salaams,

So this diet consists of suuuper low carbs (if any) and very high fat in take. Yes you read that right.

Its a detailed article... http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

I understand low carb - high protein and veg is good, but high in fat??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curiously_Undercover For This Useful Post:

littleMother (21-Mar-2012)

3. Collapse Details

ummAadamJullanarLayth littleMother's Avatar
    great now you're gonna start a debate sis

"Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards an idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response but rather, It does not befit the lion to answer dogs." -

Imam Shafi (rahimaullah)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to littleMother For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012)

5. Collapse Details

lol!

Diets are the devil

Nah but seriously, do not go on diets, they are useless, all these new diet crazes are hocus pocus. Even when they work they are not long term solutions.

Cut out what harms you, if chocolate is your vice, avoid it, be it junk food, have a 'junk food day' be it meal portions, amend that. Deal with the issues in your eating and do not be suckered in to these fads, I have seen too many people get really sick from these things or obsessive or wasting their life away counting calories and picking at a beautiful plate of food because they are afraid it is going to go straight to their thighs. You had a big meal? spend an extra 5 mins on the treadmill. Seriously, just TRY and eat and live healthily and do not bother with these strict diet regimes, if you have the will power to cut out bread and pasta and keep your cupboards bare of the 'bear necessities' (like chips and chocolate ) you have the will power to eat right and exercise well. And do not be unrealistic about your weight loss goals, I will never be as tiny as I was when I was younger, I am not younger anymore, and BMI's are bull-crap because according to my BMI my 'ideal weight' would have me in size 6 clothing, I do not think that is healthy by any standard.

This is from somebody who tried every diet there was when they were younger, I lost the weight when I gave up on the diets and just ate what I wanted but I forced myself to be aware of my portions and I do not buy junk (but I gorge on it when I visit my mum lol) I gained a whole heap of weight with my daughter, because I ate like an animal lol it is all about self control. ANDDDDDDDD If you are the type who gains when they are stressed or over thinking, find methods of controlling your emotions because you may find you just sobbed your way through a family pizza and a box of favourites without even satiating your hunger, lol trust me

Errr... the end...

DONT DIET

ok.. now the end...
    The woman came out of a manís ribs.Not from his feet to be walked on not from his head to be superior,but frm his side to be equal,under the arm to be protected,and next to the heart to be loved

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CVM For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (21-Mar-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (15-May-2012)

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CVM View Post
    cut out bread and pasta
    you lost me here.

good morning good evening and good night!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahmad For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012), Inqiyaad (21-Mar-2012), littleMother (21-Mar-2012)

9. Collapse Details

pfffft your misquoting me!
    if you have the will power to cut out bread and pasta and keep your cupboards bare of the 'bear necessities' (like chips and chocolate ) you have the will power to eat right and exercise well.
    The woman came out of a manís ribs.Not from his feet to be walked on not from his head to be superior,but frm his side to be equal,under the arm to be protected,and next to the heart to be loved

10. Collapse Details

My cousin in on this cabbage diet...seems to be working i think...makes her go toilet alot
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Najwa Al Mu'minah For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012)

12. Collapse Details

the minute she stops, she will put the weight back on

the hard part is actually maintaing weight loss

I think CVM gave good advice...it is about a balanced approach to life and not too much excess of anything

13. Collapse Details

CVM pretty much summed it up,
    Fad diets are effective perhaps in the short term, but generally once you incorporate a variety of food back into your diet you generally put the weight back on and if not gain a little bit more.
    Seriously it's supposed to be simple, moderation in your food, and regular exercise. Eat carbs but have it earlier in the day so you can use that energy and it's not stored as fat, lots of lean protein, and fresh veg. Stay away from processed crap, eat organic where possible and regular small portions. Also drink lots of water.
    It takes some hard work, commitment and dedication, but you will get there I promise and you'll keep it off. Forget the quick fix go for an overall healthy lifestyle and you'll be fit, happy and healthy not just 'skinny'.
    A diet high in fat will lead to heart Disease and liver/kidney problems not to mention cholesterol!!
    Please avoid this rubbish for the sake of Allah who has given you a healthy body to take care of and look after. I'd rather be healthy and a moderate weight than skinny and sick!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Islam_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Curiously_Undercover (21-Mar-2012), fatima_43 (21-Mar-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (21-Mar-2012)

15. Collapse Details

My mum a few years ago, lost about 30 kilos, by cutting back on food and exercise every day. But then got pregnant with my baby sister, and put it all back on again and more, and now she's struggling a little to lose it. But she's also got that wire thing in her stomach. She can't eat too much, and has to eat really slowly. She can't have foods like meat. Sometimes she even chokes on water from it.
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

16. Collapse Details

ummAadamJullanarLayth littleMother's Avatar
    been doing this, I feel great and have lost 6 kgs fairly easily

"Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards an idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response but rather, It does not befit the lion to answer dogs." -

Imam Shafi (rahimaullah)