Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Some questions I need answered for uni work 
    Assalamu alaikum,

I need some questions answered for uni work, I'd appreciate it if anybody could assist me with this. You can either post the responses as a reply, or private message me. It would be particularly good if those studying education could respond as the third question is aimed at them, but for others just skip the third question and answer the first 2 insha'allah.

JazakumAllahu kheirun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) What is one skill or knowledge that you wish you had learnt in school? Why?

2) What is something that you had to learn at school or at university that you did not enjoy and thought was a waste of time?

3) What is something (be speific] that you really want to teach when you become a Graduate teacher? Why? [for those studying teaching only]

2. Collapse Details

1. Better essay writing outline / planning skills / referencing etc . Why? Because it's all we do in uni!
    2. Can't really think of anything to be honest that I thought was a waste of time.
    3. Teaching kids to look beyond their textbook for information. Why? because that is really what seperates the higher achieving students from those below them.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

UmmRashid (24-Mar-2012)

4. Collapse Details

1. Being taught to "think outside the box" because that's a necessary skill that will set you apart from other students in university and beyond (this correlates with aussiemu's 3rd point).

2. I can't think of anything that was a waste of time, but I certainly didn't enjoy maths!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to At-Ta'if For This Useful Post:

Islam_Junkie (27-Mar-2012), UmmRashid (24-Mar-2012)

6. Collapse Details

I didn't enjoy a lot of things but yeah wouldn't say any of it was a waste of tiem really. It just wasn't to my interests / tastes.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

UmmRashid (25-Mar-2012)

8. Collapse Details

I'm over9000!!! Muslim..Priincess's Avatar
    1) Referencing essays-but then again we didn't do referencing in high school. So I would say good lab skills (for those doing science-related subs)

2) last year we had to do group that involved getting data and plotting graphs, and using the program SBSS ( i think) and we had to do a personal response, both which I thought was useless because it doesn't add knowledge related to the overall course, we could have done something else instead
    Religion is all about moral character; therefore, whoever beats you in character beats you in religion."

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity!

- Ibn Qaiyim rahimuhAllaah

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Muslim..Priincess For This Useful Post:

UmmRashid (27-Mar-2012)

10. Collapse Details

JazakumAllah kheir everybody for your responses, I have what I need now

11. Collapse Details

3) Would really love to use heaps of visual aids when teaching theories and new concepts (Primary and Secondary). There's too little visual learning/teaching, and too much text learning/teaching, even at this day and age... despite our textbooks and curriculum saying that the former is important.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tilmeedha For This Useful Post:

UmmRashid (28-Mar-2012)