Friday, 24th October, 2014
Fajr: 4:48am (ends 6:23am), Dhuhr: 1:05pm
`Asr: 4:49pm, Maghrib: 7:46pm, `Ishaa': 9:16pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Need Help on Salaat! 
    Salam alaikum, hope all is well inshallah

I need help on giving da'wah on how and why we should perform salaat for somebody I know

They want to pray but don't know how, and but first they want to understand on why we should do it in the first place. What are really good english lectures they can listen to that its basic, but straigh to the point and motivating inshallah??

What books are there that I can give them to read as well, that are also basic, easy to read and straight to the point?

Can you also advise me on how I should go about it in teaching them without scaring them away, or like 'burdening' with too much knowledge and overwhelm them (if that makes sense)?

Advsie is needed ASAP!!

Jazakumullah kher!!!

Wasalam!

2. Collapse Details

wasalam sis if you go past any masjid on the 'dawa table' there is usually a cd titled 'why dont you pray' try youtube it? cant remember the sheikh but remember it was an eye opener for me in the early days, also 'purpose of life' by shkh khalid yasin, for a quick informative read, the iisna pamphlets bout prayer... lots of videos bout step by step how to pray and make wudu on youtube, there are some 'stickied' in the media section of this forum too
    The woman came out of a manís ribs.Not from his feet to be walked on not from his head to be superior,but frm his side to be equal,under the arm to be protected,and next to the heart to be loved

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CVM For This Useful Post:

Cem (03-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (02-Apr-2012)

4. Collapse Details

ummAadamJullanarLayth littleMother's Avatar
    Pray before you are prayed upon - abdurraheem green

"Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards an idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response but rather, It does not befit the lion to answer dogs." -

Imam Shafi (rahimaullah)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleMother For This Useful Post:

Cem (03-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (02-Apr-2012)

6. Collapse Details

'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller.'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Abdul-Mateen For This Useful Post:

Najwa Al Mu'minah (02-Apr-2012)

8. Collapse Details

Assalamu alaikum Sr,

How Prayer should be performed: IISNA has started a "Learn to Pray" course for sisters only on Thursday nights. Last week was an intro - the real session starts this Thursday at 7:00 pm inshaAllah. It runs for 9 weeks.

Why Prayer should be performed: This is the more important question. We need to strengthen her iman and love of Allah (swt) which will motivate her to pray. The two DVDs mentioned in the above posts are excellent: "Why Don't you Pray?" and " Pray Before You're Prayed Upon" by Abdurraheem Greene. However, I suggest that encouraging her to attend a a class will be more beneficial. The class that I facilitate, Islamic Classes for New Muslims/ Those Interested in Islam are ideal for such people for number of reasons:

1. I concentrate on building iman and do not get into the fiqh (the how to).
    2. I make the sessions interactive, reflective and with a lot of different activities/strategies so that participants are fully engaged.
    3. There are people of all levels: some practising, some not, some not even Muslim. This will make everyone feel comfortable as they are not the odd one out. They will easily relate to other people who are on the same journey as they are on.
    4. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal. People are encouraged to drink coffee/tea/water as the presentation is on.
    5. Informal discussion takes place after the session when we have pizza, where we have the opportunity to support participants individually with their journeys/individual issues.

For these reasons, and All Praises belong to Allah (swt), I strongly recommend that you accompany your friend to such a class.
    Not every issue/concern/problem can be solved by a DVD, YouTube clip or an article!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cem For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (03-Apr-2012), Melb (13-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (03-Apr-2012)

10. Collapse Details

Salam alaikum,

jazakallah kher for all the advise

Brother Cem, I actually did mention your course to her, but she's a little embarrassed by it praying in front of other people, and the attention she'll get by family members, so I haven't pushed her to go to them, I thought to firstly start with the clips and lectures, and then once she feels more comfortable i'll start encouraging her more to begin the course inshallah. Jazakallah kher
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Najwa Al Mu'minah For This Useful Post:

Cem (03-Apr-2012)

12. Collapse Details

Salamun aleykoom,

I have posted a new topic called "A bunch of flowers to all brothers&sisters" These books are reflecting the smiling face and compassion of Islam and also seriousness&quality. These books are all written at dawn time with ablution by Ustadh Osman Nuri Topbas.

I could kindly advice the following book:

Islam, Spirit And Form

Allahu alem, sowing this small seed (this thread) will inshaAllah grow a tree of great branches and tasty fruits.

Salamun aleykoom,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abubakr For This Useful Post:

Najwa Al Mu'minah (12-Apr-2012)

14. Collapse Details

Came upon a great video on how to perform prayer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKblG...ature=youtu.be
    ‎"Keep yourself busy in remembering your faults, so that you have no time to remember the faults of others. Be sad for the time you spent in other than the pursuit of your Hereafter. Cry frequently for the wrongs you have committed and perhaps you will then be saved from them..." Sufyan ath-Thawri