Saturday, 23rd August, 2014
Fajr: 5:27am (ends 6:55am), Dhuhr: 12:23pm
`Asr: 3:26pm, Maghrib: 5:52pm, `Ishaa': 7:15pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Why Android is bad for you and shouldn't be used 
    #include "islam.h"; (bro)
    I'm sick and tired from all this incessant blabber regarding iPhone and Android and which OS is better than the other. It was bad enough when it was limited to the realm of smartphones but now tablets have entered the fray as well and it's gotten too annoying for me to put up with anymore.

As such, I've taken it upon myself to end the battle once and for all. I've critically analyzed the issue and am, despite being in possession of an Android phone (well, technically HD2 running a hacked-up ICS ROM), forced to recommend that people purchase iOS products in preference to devices running an Android OS.

Why, you may ask? Well, really, the answer was quite simple. I didn't even need to consider the offerings of devices or the technical details of the OS. No, I merely had to look at the various names ElGoog has chosen for the different versions of it's operating system to come up with my conclusion.

It started with Ice Cream Sandwich. As we know, kept in a freezer, an ice cream sandwich will be fine and dandy. Once, however, left out in the open, it will begin to (as ice cream does) gradually melt and create a mess. I asked myself the question, why would Google name their operating system over something that will, with time, either go unused (i.e. kept in the freezer), be consumed or melt in a sticky mess...

And then it hit me! Froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb, ice cream sandwich! Assuming the frozen yogurt isn't of the innocent unsweetened natural yogurt variety, all these products are plagued with unhealthy amounts of sugar! And we all know that sugar is bad for you, especially in large amounts...

As such, logical deduction forced me to conclude that Android is bad for you. Like sugar, it's hard to resist and it 'tastes good' but eventually it'll rot your teethe and plague with you with bad health.

Therefore, my friends, it is with great sadness that I recommend you not to purchase another Android device but rather, make the right choice, and choose a healthy Apple. Because an Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NRaf For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (03-Apr-2012), CVM (03-Apr-2012)

3. Collapse Details

بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

4. Collapse Details

LOL Nraf you have way too much time on your hands.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

CVM (03-Apr-2012), El Muslima (04-Apr-2012), Inqiyaad (03-Apr-2012), Khaled (03-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (04-Apr-2012), NRaf (04-Apr-2012), Sister. (03-Apr-2012)

6. Collapse Details

I can't remember the last time I had an apple, just like I can't remember the last time I went to the doctor. In fact, apples these days are very high in fructose sugar which is NOT good for you. Nevertheless, it's probably better than ice cream sandwhich.

As long as you do some exercise, Android is okay, and the ONLY flaw you could find was it's sugar content. A complete analysis and comparison of both must be undertaken for one to be able to make a judgement.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to -Fady- For This Useful Post:

mumof4bubs! (04-Apr-2012)

8. Collapse Details

I can see Abu Layla!
    Aussiemu, can you please ban Nraf and Fady??? Or ban me for reading this post???

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaquille20 For This Useful Post:

-Fady- (03-Apr-2012), aussiemu (03-Apr-2012), Fatemah (03-Apr-2012)

10. Collapse Details

Honeymoon over? Trouble at home?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ahmad For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (03-Apr-2012), Inqiyaad (03-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (04-Apr-2012), Sister. (03-Apr-2012)

12. Collapse Details

I can't figure out if Fady really thinks apples are bad for you...
    "Have they not travelled in the land so that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts which are in the breasts."
    [al-Hajj, ayah 46]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cheesegirl For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (03-Apr-2012)

14. Collapse Details

Ban NRaf?!?!?! NOOOOO aussiemu take me instead!

/feigned drama
    Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful. (Surat al Isra': 27)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sister. For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (03-Apr-2012), Inqiyaad (03-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (04-Apr-2012), NRaf (04-Apr-2012)

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegirl View Post
    I can't figure out if Fady really thinks apples are bad for you...
    That might require you do some research

I did say "these days" because the way apples are these days from production (modified and such), they got really high sugar (fructose) so it isn't the best choice. They do have lots of benefits though.

But trust me, that's a whole argument in and of itself, so let's just agree that everyone enjoys ice cream more than apples

17. Collapse Details

They all have their pro's and con's. IOS, Android and now Windows 8.

Android's Jelly Bean is next (Android 5.0) for Google so more sugar for your argument.

Right now I'm enjoying my Apple iPad 3rd gen along with my Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROM whilst typing this using Windows 8 on my laptop.

The only trinity that will ever make sense!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Newbee View Post
    They all have their pro's and con's. IOS, Android and now Windows 8.

Android's Jelly Bean is next (Android 5.0) for Google so more sugar for your argument.

Right now I'm enjoying my Apple iPad 3rd gen along with my Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROM whilst typing this using Windows 8 on my laptop.

The only trinity that will ever make sense!
    How's Windows 8 treating you?

19. Collapse Details

#include "islam.h"; (bro)
    How rude...
    "Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers." - Hadith

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NRaf For This Useful Post:

Sister. (04-Apr-2012)

21. Collapse Details

Something's rotten to the core in here.
    الشعب يريد خلافة من جديد

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by -Fady- View Post
    How's Windows 8 treating you?
    Mashaa'Allaah, it runs better than Windows 7 does for me and that's a solid experience already.
    No such thing as Yolo, it's Yobo or you can get go!