Sunday, 21st September, 2014
Fajr: 4:44am (ends 6:11am), Dhuhr: 12:14pm
`Asr: 3:39pm, Maghrib: 6:16pm, `Ishaa': 7:39pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    afghani restaurants in brunswick 
    has anyone been? worth going?

2. Collapse Details

Heart and Soul in Mecca, Medina and Ta'if. Physically in Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by muslimah09 View Post
    has anyone been? worth going?
    Afghan Rezah Kebab
    595 Sydney Road Brunswick

The food is great masha'Allah. I highly recommend it
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tay_ For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (11-Apr-2012), muslimah09 (10-Apr-2012)

4. Collapse Details

do they open for lunch?

5. Collapse Details

I used to go to Lazy Camel on Sydney Rd and it was good
    'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller.'

6. Collapse Details

I second Tays suggestion, their mantu and chicken curry is nice so is the rice. They are good neighbors/family friends too mashallah. Im not sure if they open during lunch but they do stay open till late.
    If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed, do not despair of it. His reply to you is gauranteed; but in the way He chooses, not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire.

7. Collapse Details

I just came back from there and can honestly say it was one of the worst meals I've had in my life. I got a skewer of chicken tikka, lamb tikka and the Kofta one and it had a tonne of somac sprinkled all over it. My chicken and lamb was all fat. There was hardly any meat on the skewer, and the Kofta was very dry. My wife's "chicken" curry turned out to be a lamb curry (apparently they an out of chicken) and it was also very fatty and OILY. This dish was literally swimming in oil wallah I felt sick just looking at it. Also, there was ants in my salad and it is way too expensive compared to there similar restaurants which have much better food. It was minimum $20 a meal! Overall, I'll give it a 1.5/10.

8. Collapse Details

The severe unprofessionalism in most Afghan restaurants I've been to has turned me off Afghan restaurants altogether.
    I haven't been to the one mentioned however it pains me to say I was surprised by Tay and Sarah's reviews and not surprised by Khaled's unfortunately (though the ants were shocking! That's gross!).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sister. For This Useful Post:

*saRah* (15-Apr-2012)

10. Collapse Details

Lol Alhamduillah I didn't go .

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sister. View Post
    The severe unprofessionalism in most Afghan restaurants I've been to has turned me off Afghan restaurants altogether.
    I haven't been to the one mentioned however it pains me to say I was surprised by Tay and Sarah's reviews and not surprised by Khaled's unfortunately (though the ants were shocking! That's gross!).
    Apparently some people have found hair in their food there ewww
    "...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

12. Collapse Details

I'm not Afghan....
    Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful. (Surat al Isra': 27)

13. Collapse Details

Dot I can't believe you didn't warn me about this today!!
    "Have they not travelled in the land so that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts which are in the breasts."
    [al-Hajj, ayah 46]

14. Collapse Details

Hey hey I've never heard of this restaurant up until now!
    Just eat at my place and you'll be safe inshaAllah, and no charge lol
    Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount (of worldly things) sufficient for him; and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful. (Surat al Isra': 27)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sister. For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (15-Apr-2012)

16. Collapse Details

Heart and Soul in Mecca, Medina and Ta'if. Physically in Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister. View Post
    I've personally eaten there a number of times and I keep going back there as I've never had a problem with the food at all, and I can be critical at times when it comes to restaurants. It has always been of a high standard whenever I have been there
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

17. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Khalid did u tell them about the ants??

18. Collapse Details

No.. To be honest me and my wife weren't feeling too well and just wanted to get out of there. The salad was the least of my worries as it was just a few pieces of lettuce, one slice of tomato and a bit of onion and cucumber and was on a separate plate. It didn't look washed so I didn't touch it.

I was really looking forward to eating there as I've heard a lot of good things about Afghan food. But unfortunately it was a really bad meal which resulted in a really bad night for me! I shouldn't be surprised really. Even Arab restaurants can't make food like we do homemade.

It's ok I'll be eating Tarboush in a few weeks inshaAllaah
    "...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

19. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    I'm looking forward to eating at Tarbush again too InshaAllah, but gotta wait another 6 months!

20. Collapse Details

Where's that

21. Collapse Details

Where's that

22. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    Tarboush is a Lebanese restaurant in Malaysia, I dont know which other countries its in, but its very nice MashaAllah.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Najah For This Useful Post:

muslimah09 (16-Apr-2012)

24. Collapse Details

lol I thought ya'll were talking about Tarabish on sydney Rd. I was wondering why the two of you were spelling it wrong Would love to go Malaysia! Inshallah when we can go Hajj we can make a detour back through Malaysia heard so many good reviews it seems to be the go-to destination for muslims
    The woman came out of a manís ribs.Not from his feet to be walked on not from his head to be superior,but frm his side to be equal,under the arm to be protected,and next to the heart to be loved