Friday, 29th August, 2014
Fajr: 5:19am (ends 6:46am), Dhuhr: 12:22pm
`Asr: 3:29pm, Maghrib: 5:57pm, `Ishaa': 7:19pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    What to do when... 
    Unhappy
    Assalamun Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu Brothers and Sisters of Islam,

My questions, dilemma you may call it is, my husband and I are seeming to go into different directions. When we got married I was not Islamically involved and since then
    have started praying and wear the hijab Alhamdulillah. I believe it is bc of being married that Allah has willed this for me Alhamdulillah. Now my husband whom Alhamdulillah also prays now,
    though very music orientated, has been writing music (haram) and is getting deeply involved. He says he will sell it and make money, though I don't want any part of haram income. He will always argue
    with me when it comes to music. Alhamdulillah he was never against me wearing hijab and has supported me. He currently doesn't work and I do due to an accident he had. I have been the main bread winner
    since we got married.

I am constantly feeling resentment, and i know Shaitaan is definitely trying to make me stray also. I pray that insha'Allah he breaks away from this music addiction, but he has been in it since he was a child.

So many things have changed, the other day I came home and he was on the phone to his sister telling her how "bad" Ive become, i only talk about Islam and how ive become very different. i don't know how to cook and many other hurtful things. When he realized i was there and heard all of this (at that point i was leaving the house to calm down) he came after me. I didn't say a word and just left. He is very home sick also as he is a migrant. I believe that he will never be happy here and that we are both on different paths

It has been better but it goes back to the same point. I hope all of this is making sense, I do need to see a shaikh to get advice, I need it though I wanted opinions, maybe others are going through the same dilemmas? I always feel like I have married the wrong person, he doesn't help me increase my Iman and that puts me at a low. ..

Maybe someone knows of a trustworthy, respectable Shaikh I can contact?

JazakAllahu Khayr

Wassalam

2. Collapse Details

Abu Layla is Invisible Abu Layla's Avatar

Sorry sister but I won't give you any advice as I fear I may give you incorrect information. Which area are you in? Perhaps we can put you in contact with someone of knowledge.

If you ask random people, you'll get answers ranging from "divorce him" to "just be patient and stay with him".

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Abu Layla For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (11-Apr-2012), Imaan81 (11-Apr-2012), Inqiyaad (12-Apr-2012), littleMother (12-Apr-2012), Najah (11-Apr-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (11-Apr-2012), Saffiya (12-Apr-2012), Sinan. (12-Apr-2012)

4. Collapse Details

wa alaikum asalam

Lots of duaa ... Pray Istikhara... Go to a sheikh...
    The woman came out of a manís ribs.Not from his feet to be walked on not from his head to be superior,but frm his side to be equal,under the arm to be protected,and next to the heart to be loved

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CVM For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (11-Apr-2012), Inqiyaad (12-Apr-2012), Islam_Junkie (12-Apr-2012), Sinan. (12-Apr-2012)

6. Collapse Details

JazakAllahu khayr everyone. InshaAllah I will contact a sheikh that was advised to me. Please make dua for me and my family! May Allah Bless all of you in your affairs!

Wassalam
    The roots of evil are three: Arrogance, Envy, and Greed.Arrogance prevented Satan from bowing,
    Envy led Cane to kill Abel, and Greed took Adam out of Paradise - Hasan Al-Basri