Tuesday, 2nd September, 2014
Fajr: 5:15am (ends 6:42am), Dhuhr: 12:21pm
`Asr: 3:31pm, Maghrib: 5:59pm, `Ishaa': 7:22pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Converting tape into a DVD? 
    Assallam alaikum

I have a question inshallah about my video recorder. I am hoping to record an event soon and I have a tape in the recorder ready to go but if I wanted to make a copy on DVD for someone is that possible? If so, how??

Jzakallahu kheiran

2. Collapse Details

Tape? What on earth is that??

I can't believe anyone is still using these things.

Converting tape to DVD is possible, but why not just get a digital recording device to begin with? Save yourself the hassle, and it will actually be half decent quality that people won't mind watching it.
    الشعب يريد خلافة من جديد

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by abu rashid View Post
    Converting tape to DVD is possible,
    .... Care to share how?
    “The parable of those who disbelieve is as the parable of one who calls; but they hear nothing, except a call and a cry. Deaf, dumb and blind, so they understand not”.
    2:171

4. Collapse Details

Well depending on what kind of tape it is, best if you can give as much detail about what you want to do as you can.

If it is a tape from a video camera, and the camera has firewire, then you can connect it to your PC (probably also require the installation of a firewire card).

If it is a VHS cassette, then you can either get (or find a friend who has one) a combo DVD/VHS recorder, which will let you convert it to DVD, or else get a capture card, which you then connect your VHS player to.

Either way, you'll probably have to incur some cost, and it might be best just to get it done at one of those places that do it. You might also consider getting a new video camera, as they're fairly cheap nowadays, and they are all digital, so converting to DVD is a snap.

If you have a smartphone, then you might wanna consider using that, as its video quality will most likely be far better than any tape-era camera. You can probably pick up a tripod for it easily enough.