Friday, 1st August, 2014
Fajr: 5:50am (ends 7:20am), Dhuhr: 12:27pm
`Asr: 3:12pm, Maghrib: 5:33pm, `Ishaa': 6:59pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Flights to Malaysia 
    Assalaamu alaykum,

A lot of the airplane companies are having specials to Malaysia for 24 hours today.

AirAsia flights for May are $299 and $253 return.

I'd also check out other companies as AirAsia prices exclude baggage and meals.

InshaAllaah I'm going either next month or in July

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:

Abu Dujana (13-Apr-2012), aussiemu (13-Apr-2012)

3. Collapse Details

Do you mean it's 299+253=$552 return?

If that's the case I wouldn't say it's a special. We'll be flying June 30th inshaAllah albeit from Sydney, but total cost per passenger return inc meals, luggage and bus transfer from KL Airport to the City Centre is $180.

This was a special a couple of months ago due to their new route from Sydney to KL.

Which are the other airlines having the sale?
    ...the Muslim raised his sword up and swung it down hard on the kafir, so forcefully that the blade went down his hip and split him in half. When the Muslim unveiled his face, he looked at me and said, "What do you think of that, Ka'b? I am Abu Dujana."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dujana For This Useful Post:

falah (13-Apr-2012)

5. Collapse Details

Yeah that price is not really special - unless it is for travel at peak season, then it seems OK.
    Singapore: oppresses Muslims, bans athaan, bans hijab in schools, prevents building of madrassahs or muslim schools, puts limit on the percentage of Muslims allowed in each apartment building, and bans Muslims from joining Singapore's elite military forces. Singapore; Israel's best buddy!

6. Collapse Details

Abu, that's very cheap mashaAllaah. But in saying that, I'd rather swim to Malaysia than travel with AirAsia again lol We're flying Emirates inshaAllaah.

I checked prices 2 weeks ago and they were $660 to KL one way per person, so compared to today's prices, it's pretty good.
    "...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

7. Collapse Details

For Emirates that is a great price return.

Abu Dujana - that deal was pretty good. Congrats on getting it.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aussiemu For This Useful Post:

Abu Dujana (13-Apr-2012)

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Khaled View Post
    Abu, that's very cheap mashaAllaah. But in saying that, I'd rather swim to Malaysia than travel with AirAsia again lol We're flying Emirates inshaAllaah.

I checked prices 2 weeks ago and they were $660 to KL one way per person, so compared to today's prices, it's pretty good.
    Considering we're on the plane for 8 hours I personally dont think it's a big deal, it was too good of a deal to pass on and with the money saved on flights we can allocate towards better accommodation and activities which I think will stay more in the memories than the flight.
    ...the Muslim raised his sword up and swung it down hard on the kafir, so forcefully that the blade went down his hip and split him in half. When the Muslim unveiled his face, he looked at me and said, "What do you think of that, Ka'b? I am Abu Dujana."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dujana For This Useful Post:

Khaled (13-Apr-2012)

11. Collapse Details

For me it was more the fact they wouldn't let me take my medicines on the plane and put it in the fridge even after they told me on the phone I can and the manager at the check-in said I can. Horrible customer service. And I'm a bit costraphobic so the bigger seats in Emirates would be a big help.

aussiemu, the price AD quoted does not include meals, luggage, TV, snacks or any form of entertainment. Emirates is abou 150 more (all up) but it includes everything above including a movie and bigger seats.
    "...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

12. Collapse Details

Khaled - Abu Dujana's price did include that and city transfer :P It was a very good deal from Sydney a few months ago.

I flew Air Asia and was happy with them. I can understand if you have other issues that it may not work for everyone but for me personally I was happy with them. On the way there the flight was half empty so we had whole aisles to ourselves which was pretty good alhamdulillah. Lucky for me I've never had a bad experience on a flight no matter what airline I've gone with. I do prefer to save money on the flight and spend it elsewhere though. 8 hours of discomfort I can put up with :P Also in your case it is two people but when you have 3 or 4 kids all the savings add up significantly to mean a lot of money. For 2 people I would prefer the Emirates flight too lol.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

13. Collapse Details

I've travelled on Malaysian airlines, Etihad, and Emirates and out of those three I found Emirates to have the best customer service and in flight entertainment.
    The one who is (truly) imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allah and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him. Ibn Taymiyyah (Rahimahullah)

Towards Hope Foundation

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Precious_Diamond For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (13-Apr-2012), Islam_Junkie (13-Apr-2012)

15. Collapse Details

^ agreed
    The Biggest Enemy of Islam is Ignorance.
    The Prophet S.A.W said, "An intelligent person is one who is constantly thinking about and preparing for death."

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemu View Post
    Khaled - Abu Dujana's price did include that and city transfer :P It was a very good deal from Sydney a few months ago.
    I was referring to the $552 price not the $180 which he grabbed. Yeah it was a good deal mashaAllaah.. Doubt they'd have a similar one anytime soon though

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Khaled For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (13-Apr-2012)

18. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    are the seats on air asia really that much smaller? it says online that they are about 16.5 inch, thats 0.5 inch smaller than an emirates economy seat.

I would prefer emirates too, always loved flying with them and great customer service, but now with a child its not as cheap anymore

19. Collapse Details

Naj I didn't find teh seat width that much smaller than the malaysian airlines one i went on. I think there was a bit less leg room though. however it makes no difference to me because plane seats are the most uncomfortable seats regardless of how much leg room lol

20. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    lol u can say that again, but on the plane I get so tired I just fall asleep anyways, comfortable or not. But this time its different with a toddler. alhumudlilah our flight going up is in the morning, just the flight on the way home is at night, but Musa should sleep through it InshaAllah.

i only flew Malaysian airlines the first time I went to hajj and cant remember the seats, but they were comfortable.

21. Collapse Details

Maybe I got a big butt lol

I meant the size between the seats in front of you.. As in leg room. AirAsia is shocking

22. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    ahhh ok then I get ya. Great! I'll refrain from telling my husband that for a while.

23. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    I would of booked emirates, and was going to, but with all 3 of us it would going to be 1798 to go from mid oct to 2nd nov, with air asia all up including connecting flights and return was $1000 for us this includes flights to and from 3 cities.

24. Collapse Details

If you're going to KL soon there's a new residence/hotel opening up in May which is around 5 mins from the city with very cheap rates and is very suited for a family, even with upto 4 kids. http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hote...Day=2012-06-30

A 2 bedroom 81sqm suite Which includes buffet breakfast for 4, has 3 queen beds and a kitchen is only $125 per night and as I mentioned, is practically brand new. One bedroom is only $93 and has 2 queen beds.

This is by far the most suitable/convenient/cheapest/practical place I've found in KL which is a pretty hard thing to do when you're trying to book for 2 adults and 2 kids in the 1 room with proper bedding configuration.

And then there's the Westin in Langkawi with the money saved on flights and accommodation
    http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...propertyID=283

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abu Dujana For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (14-Apr-2012), Khaled (14-Apr-2012), Najah (14-Apr-2012)

26. Collapse Details

westin is a very nice hotel We stayed a little bit down from it at the fahrenheit suites in a 3 bedroom apartment. It was good for the price as we needed 3 rooms. No breakfast or anything there though. And the hallways are old but it was a fantastic location so would go there again if I needed to as it was right on bukit bintang across from the pavilion so we walked up and down adn everyone went in and out as they wanted without having to take taxis etc. Not going to suit for everyone but we were happy with it for what we got and the price and particularly the location

27. Collapse Details

Umm Musa
    jazakum allahu kheiran brother, those rooms look beautiful and MashaAllah cheap! Seeing as I am going in October, wotif, seem to only allow 6 months at a time to book, so I gotta wait for it to reach mid april for me to book it.