Friday, 25th April, 2014
Fajr: 5:28am (ends 6:55am), Dhuhr: 12:19pm
`Asr: 3:17pm, Maghrib: 5:41pm, `Ishaa': 7:04pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Umrah: Meeting at Jeddah Airport 
    Salaam

My husband and father in law shall inshallah be making a trip to do Umrah this year. This is a question for all those who have recently been to Jeddah airport.

My husband will be flying Emirates and my FIL Saudia . As per the information on the web, these flights will land at two different terminals. Jeddah airport does not seem to have a favorable reputation with international travellers.

Where can the two meet up before immigration? How can they reach the meeting point?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Salaam
    Raaziya

2. Collapse Details

Sabrun Jameelun
    There is a large masjid at the jeddah airport main terminal or an area to eat food on the ground floor of the main terminal outside of customs.

Depending on how big the difference in time between the flights are, perhaps one could take a taxi to the hotel they want to go to in mekkah, u can car pool with other pilgrims, so each of them pay a small amount of the total taxi cost.
    Sahih Muslim Book 41, Number 6954:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come before a person of Qahtan comes forth driving people with his stick.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by @sim View Post
    The Saudia and Foreign Airlines terminals are totally separate. They will not be able to meet up before immigration.

If they do wish to meet up, it will have to be on the outside, with one visiting the other at their terminal (either Saudia or Foreign Airlines). The Taxis will charge a substantial amount (50 to 100 SR) for the trip though.
    In my experience, the taxi drivers at jeddah airport are the shiftiest in the Middle East.
    Singapore: oppresses Muslims, bans athaan, bans hijab in schools, prevents building of madrassahs or muslim schools, puts limit on the percentage of Muslims allowed in each apartment building, and bans Muslims from joining Singapore's elite military forces. Singapore; Israel's best buddy!

4. Collapse Details

Thank you all. This has been very helpful. It looks as if it might be a meeting outside!!!