Wednesday, 3rd September, 2014
Fajr: 5:12am (ends 6:39am), Dhuhr: 12:20pm
`Asr: 3:32pm, Maghrib: 6:01pm, `Ishaa': 7:23pm

Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Everyone will get what their hands earned. A murderer and a suicide person both will go to hell as will all those mentioned to have earned their place by their deeds. Hell will have lots of Muslims also and not just kuffars. What is the difference is that any Muslim that has eman that of a mustard seed will be freed from hellfire (after serving their time) and rest will remain therein forever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Talib4life For This Useful Post:

Omar Abdur Rahman (15-Apr-2012)

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Abdur Rahman View Post
    The Scholars have read all the Hadiths too, and have concluded otherwise.
    I'm sure they have so where is what they have said? What you posted above sounded like your take on it more than anything from the shayukh. Is that an incorrect assessment on my part?

Edit: Had some time and researched it a little, Shaykh Abdur-Rahmaan al-Barraak supports what you said (about a possible way out one day) and that is sufficient now I've seen something on it other than a forum post.

BarraakAllaahu feekum.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Newbee For This Useful Post:

Omar Abdur Rahman (15-Apr-2012)

5. Collapse Details

There are, in fact, many fatwas supporting that position Brother/Sister Newbee, if you care to look. In his tafseer of the Qur'an, Ibn Katheer (ra) mentions that the majority of Scholars hold the view that all Muslims will eventually enter paradise, alhamdulillah. I understand the logic behind the opposing view and, indeed, it was the opinion of the great Sahabi Ibn Abbas (RA), according to Ibn Katheer (ra), but the weight of the evidence indicates otherwise.

Wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Musa View Post
    I don't have the reference right now but I know the hadith has been classed as sahih.

I will try to remember it - A Sahabi who became sick during an outbreak in Madinah cut his hands until he bled to death, however the Prophet of Allah said "He is in Jannah."
    He explained the reason for this and said that Allah had forgiven his sins because he mad hijrah for the sake of Allah.

This shows the high status of Hijrah for Allah's sake and it shows that all sins other than Shirk may be forgiven.
    Aísalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

Akhi Musa, I have found the Hadith mentioned yesterday and you are, indeed, correct. The Sahabi (RA) appeared in the dream of another Sahabi (RA) and stated, in effect, that Allah (SWT) had forgiven him by virtue of his Hijrah to the Prophet (SAWS). I now recall that I hadnít actually read the Hadith but had read someoneís summary of it, which omitted that point, during a series of correspondence wherein the topic of suicide bombing was debated.

At the time, I was under the impression [after reading other Hadiths, without Scholarly guidance] that all those who commit suicide will go to hell forever. And, it seems, that in reconciling what I understood about suicide, with what was mentioned about the Hadith, whilst knowing at the time that bloodletting was practiced in those days, to treat such ailments, I concluded that the Sahabiís (RA) death was most likely accidental whilst trying to alleviate his symptoms. What added to my conviction was that I was told the Sahabi (RA) had cut his finger joints, which didnít seem to me to be an effective way to go for one who was intent on committing suicide.

JazakumAllahu Khayrun for raising something that has given me cause to seek the truth and correct myself.

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that Tufail son of Amr al-Dausi came to the Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Do you need strong, fortified protection? The tribe of Daus had a fort in the pre-Islamic days. The Apostle (may peace be upon him) declined this offer, since it (the privilege of protecting the Holy Prophet) had already been reserved for the Ansar. When the Apostle (may peace be upon him) migrated to Medina, Tufail son of Amr also migrated to that place, and there also migrated along with him a man of his tribe. But the climate of Medina did not suit him, and he fell sick. He felt very uneasy. So he took hold of an iron head of an arrow and cut his finger-joints. The blood streamed forth from his hands, till he died. Tufail son of Amr saw him in a dream. His state was good and he saw him with his hands wrapped. He (Tufail) said to him: What treatment did your Allah accord to you? He replied. Allah granted me pardon for my migration to the Apostle (may peace be upon him): He (Tufail) again said: What is this that I see you wrapping up your hands? He replied: I was told (by Allah): We would not set right anything of yours which you damaged yourself. Tufail narrated this (dream) to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Upon this he prayed: O Allah I grant pardon even to his hands.

For those interested, there's a good fatwa which answers the question as to whether Muslims who commit suicide will remain in hell forever at the following link:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...atwaId&Id=5671

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar Abdur Rahman For This Useful Post:

AbuAA (20-Apr-2012)

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by falah View Post
    Romantic evening in Africa? (runs away from Simba)
    عجبت لثلاث

رجل يجري وراء المال والمال تاركه

رجل يخاف على الرزق والله رازقه

رجل يبني القصور والقبر مسكنه
    !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to S I M B A For This Useful Post:

falah (17-Apr-2012)

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=shaquille20;574832]Subhanallah... SIMBA never knew romance had a totally unque meaning in african culture[/QUOTE

How about if explane it over a cup of coffe at my place what u think ?

عجبت لثلاث

رجل يجري وراء المال والمال تاركه

رجل يخاف على الرزق والله رازقه

رجل يبني القصور والقبر مسكنه
    !!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S I M B A For This Useful Post:

falah (17-Apr-2012), fatima_43 (17-Apr-2012), Islam_Junkie (17-Apr-2012), NRaf (17-Apr-2012)