Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by from water View Post
    I can't offer any advice whatsoever other than, no matter what you do, try and consume lots of honey. It's good for you. I usually go with Manuka, preferably with a higher rating like 16+, it's some rating system they use to determine how effective it is at healing. Not saying ditch your medicine, not saying don't ditch your medicine. Not saying anything other than honey is great and it is said to have shifaa' for people in the Qur'aan.

Of course this is all in the case where you don't have a health reason not to eat honey.
    THIS.

I cannot remember the last time I took antibiotics allhamdulilah. I'm not a fan of the current medical field of just writing prescriptions for everything. People are like walking chemical labs these days.

The Bio rating in Manuka gives you an idea of how powerful it is. Manuka honey is both antiviral and antimicrobial. They even use it in many hospital wound dressings.

The higher the number, the more naturally powerful it is. So I think it starts at 5 and goes all the way up to 30+. Tastes like caramel and really is a wonderfood. Try and stick with (no pun intended) Manuka, raw or unprocessed honeys since the healing power is many times fold than the heated, processed kinds.

My great grandfather owned bee hives so honey and bee products were always in his diet.

Passed away at 110, rahimahullah.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SammerTX For This Useful Post:

At-Ta'if (06-May-2012), aussiemu (06-May-2012), fatima_43 (06-May-2012), from water (06-May-2012), Inqiyaad (06-May-2012), littleMother (06-May-2012), ninja_sista (07-May-2012), Sister. (08-May-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (06-May-2012)

3. Collapse Details

Sabrun Jameelun
    Assalamu alaiki wr wb

Sister, with regards to blood tests required by every doctor that you see, they usually do this depending on the history that you have presented with to them.. if you say you are feeling tired etc they want to know what your iron levels are or if you look like you havent been in the sun they want to know what your vitamin D levels are etc. Even if you present to them with a blood report you received from another doctor they'll want to do their own, because they are making medical judgements for your case and dont want to get it wrong because of the medico-legal reasons attached to doing so.

Modern medicine is heavily dependent on medications, they are fine-tuning the drugs that are being produced, but there will never be any supplement that is 100% free of side effects, because allah has made our bodies in such a complex way that one event is interconnected with many others. for example if you had palpitations and doctors gave you drugs to slow your heart rate, the palpitations would stop, but your body has adapted to that level of stress if it is chronic and sudden cessation of that level of blood flow could cause you to faint, become breathless, become tired etc.

Also there are many questions that may be irrelevant, or may seem irrelevant that a doctor asks. they ask this because they are trained and have knowledge behind why those questions are asked. I'll give you an example of something that may seem irrelevant. If a woman walked into a medical centre and said that she was short of breath, ne of the questions a doctor might ask is whether the lady is on any contraception.. :S seemse odd that theyd ask that yeh? well theyd run blood tests aswell... hmm too many blood tests you may ask.. but reality is the doctor may think that the lady is short of breath because they have a pulmonary embolism (clot of blood stuck near their lungs) which causes the shortness of breath & believe it or not women on contraception are heavily predisposed to this problem, theythen run a blood test to check for what they call D-dimers which if they are present strongly suggest that this is the diagnosis then guess what they give them drugs like warfarin to stop blood clots being formed. So it is easy to see how complex the system is.

Another example of something that is irrelevant is a person comming to the emergency department with sudden pain in their neck and jaw or their left shoulder tip. The patient would be very confused if the doctor started asking them about their heart but once again the doctor wants to rule out a heart attack because when those are areas pain is referred to when people have heart attacks... and you know what they run blood tests to check the levels of troponin & creatine kinase (which if elevated mean they are having a heart attack) but before that guess what they do.. lol they give them a drug called nitrate under their tongue or up their nose (as a spray) to open their blood vessels around the heart. So its complex y3ani
    Sahih Muslim Book 41, Number 6954:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come before a person of Qahtan comes forth driving people with his stick.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ansari For This Useful Post:

cheesegirl (06-May-2012), fatima_43 (06-May-2012), UmMKY (06-May-2012)

5. Collapse Details

Sabrun Jameelun
    Another thing that needs to be considered is the fact that alot of the time the doctors are not treating the illness, they are treating the patients. For example in france there is an expectation at the end of a medical consultation they receive suppositories (rectal pills) so doctors just give it to them because the patients think they'll get better with them.

Another example is that of people comming in with a flu and asking for antibiotics, from the doctor, but when the doctor tries to explain that they have a virus and antibiotics wont help they dont get it. So the doctor just prescribes them antibiotics to make them feel like the patient is actually getting treatment when in fact antibiotics just treat bacterial infections not viral problems lol
    Sahih Muslim Book 41, Number 6954:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come before a person of Qahtan comes forth driving people with his stick.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ansari For This Useful Post:

fatima_43 (06-May-2012), UmMKY (06-May-2012)

7. Collapse Details

Assalamu Alaykum

Sister Fatima, there is a doctor near your area that I will suggest. I have had a few doctors in my life as I've moved around a bit however this guy is really the best. When it comes to his concern for the patient there is none like him that I know of. The only problem is that he is the only doctor in his practice and he really does take a long time with patients, so there can be a massive wait at times but once you get in there its well worth the time.

His name is Dr. Ch'ng (pronounced 'ching'), he is Chinese/Malay and is a born again Christian that loves to talk about religion, though his mind is quite closed so don't expect him to all of a sudden be very interested in Islam. His address is 602 Barkly St. West Footscray and his phone number is (03) 9687 2472.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AbuAA For This Useful Post:

fatima_43 (06-May-2012)

9. Collapse Details

JAK to Ansari for giving the "otherside". Certainly we (doctors) are not immune from falling into error. However there is an evidence base to what we are taught and therefore how we evaluate symptoms, diagnose, and treat. Having said all that, the Human body is so complex SubhanAllah and a proof in itself for the Oneness of Allah SWT that what worked well for one individual may not do so well for the other even though both maybe of same sex, height weight ethnicity etc people are different to machines and we are not prototypes of each other but individuals of great complexity. I guess that is what makes my job so enjoyable, challenging and unpredictable.
    Like us or hate us I would not right us off completely- I think half the problem seems to be that many doctors don't communicate WHAT they are doing and WHY very well and this would alleviate many concerns that the patient understandably has. At the end of the day we are a means and Allah SWT is the One to give Shifa. Be an informed patient ask your doctor questions and get them to explain stuff to you...if they are worth their salt they will oblige if they don't go to another doctor- but don't neglect your health.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UmMKY For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (06-May-2012), cheesegirl (06-May-2012), fatima_43 (06-May-2012), Inqiyaad (06-May-2012), mayk (06-May-2012)

11. Collapse Details

Ummi_Abdulmalik you can get EPC referrals from your GP and you get 5 free sessions from an Osteo or whatever you choose

Ansari - JazakAllah khayran brother for explaining it to an ignorant person, appreciate it!

UmmMKY may Allah reward you I'm sure my post doesn't apply to you. That's why I go to doctors because they are trained professionals but I won't buy everything they prescribe because I'm finding it useless and I believe there's better medicine for sure. I do ask a lot of questions but many times they say I don't know and I'm not satisfied with the visit.

In the end like you said Allah azzawajal is the one that gives Shifa.

Brother Musa jazakAllah khayran inshaAllah next time I'll try Dr. Ch'ng
    اللهم أرنا الحق حقا وأرزقنا اتباعه وأرنا الباطل باطلا وأرزقنا اجتنابه

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatima_43 For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (06-May-2012), Ummi_Abdulmalik (06-May-2012), UmMKY (06-May-2012)

13. Collapse Details

I don't take meds, it drives my mum and fiancee insane that I dont take meds at all, even when I'm in alot of pain and really sick. I dont see a difference when I take them, so I dont bother taking any. Even when I did the cupping, I saw no difference, instead I felt worse and had the worst headache. I'm very reluctant to try it again in case I get that disgusting feeling again

The only thing I saw a difference in is hardcore exercise. Before the exercise I had really bad chest pains, to the extent at times I think I'm gonna have a heart attack. After the exercise I felt more energetic and I didnt have chest pains for a while. I actually forgot about it.

Im under extreme stress now, and I want to hit the gym but dont have the time
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Najwa Al Mu'minah For This Useful Post:

fatima_43 (06-May-2012)

15. Collapse Details

I think we are too reliant on doctors, we expect too much of them, they are limited in their knowledge, the fault I find with most doctors is that they are hesitant to admit that they are limited and so they prescribe useless medications, or, they do not really look at the individual case, they say 'yep heard a lot of the same complaints this week, take such and such' It could be a very similar complaint but a very different illness, this is greatly due to the fact that they are over-worked and have stupid constraints like expectations that each consultation is to take 10 minutes, I find that ridiculous. I think doctors are less prescription happy that psychiatrists, now they LOVE handing out pills for everything!

That said, I do not like going to doctors, I have come to start asking well is there a more natural way of dealing with it, to which my doctor would often say yes and give me a few alternatives so no harm in asking for something more natural, I think it is an assumption docs have that you want something prescribed to you, I know that is def true of the older generation, like my grandmother and her friends, she has a drawer full of medicine, she goes to the doctors insists that she is sick with this and that and comes home with a bag of goodies lol.
    The woman came out of a manís ribs.Not from his feet to be walked on not from his head to be superior,but frm his side to be equal,under the arm to be protected,and next to the heart to be loved

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CVM For This Useful Post:

aussiemu (06-May-2012), fatima_43 (06-May-2012), Najwa Al Mu'minah (07-May-2012)

17. Collapse Details

Najwa - I think cuppin the first time does make you feel worse initially? I could be wrong though.
    Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SammerTX View Post
    The Bio rating in Manuka gives you an idea of how powerful it is. Manuka honey is both antiviral and antimicrobial. They even use it in many hospital wound dressings.
    Yes I have used it for deep cuts and burns... its effects are nothing short of miraculous. I would have a nasty pulsating red yellow orange mess of an infected cat bite (mentioned almost a year ago in the lowlights topic or something) and I would apply this honey to it and place a bandaid. A few hours later, the whole area is white, not even red anywhere.

Not only that, but when you apply it to cuts, they heal so fast it's ridiculous. That right there is Allah's words, He does not exaggerate, it has shifaa' for the people.

أحب الصالحين ولست منهم وأرجو أن أنال بهم شفاعة
    وأكره من تجارته المعاصي وإن كنا سواء في البضاعة

إمام الشافعي رحمه الله تعالى -

19. The Following User Says Thank You to from water For This Useful Post:

Sister. (08-May-2012)

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemu View Post
    Najwa - I think cuppin the first time does make you feel worse initially? I could be wrong though.
    Does it? Me and my cousin did it, at the same time from the same lady and we both got sick from it. My aunty did it about a week before us and she felt awesome mashallah, she felt really good. She was the one that encouraged us to do it but we got the opposite result
    بَدَأَ الإِسْلاَمُ غَرِيبًا وَسَيَعُودُ كَمَا بَدَأَ غَرِيبًا فَطُوبَى لِلْغُرَبَاءِ‏