Donate to help a brother get surgery done insha'Allah!

1. Collapse Details
    Morning Invocations, Watsons Bay 
    Heart and Soul in Mecca, Medina and Ta'if. Physically in Sydney
    al-GHAZZALI Centre
    for Islamic Sciences & Human Development

invites you to:

MORNING INVOCATIONS

A Morning of Rememberance of Allah, after Fajr with the beauty of Sunrise to break the Dawn followed by a brisk Walk by the Waters and free lightbreakfast. Everyone is encouraged to bring food and hot drinks, as well as ground spreads with them to share.

From Wird of Imam Nawawi, to Wird al- Lateef, as well as Qur'an Recitation and other Adhkar.

Date: Sunday 26th February 2006

Time: 1.5 hours before sunrise

Cost: Free

All are welcome.

Registrations at http://www.alghazzali.org
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

2. Collapse Details

brother, Is this gathering something like 'sufi circles' where people do dikir together, out loud, sort of thing?
    this is sydney, right? i think most people here on the forum are from melbourne though

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jah
    brother, Is this gathering something like 'sufi circles' where people do dikir together, out loud, sort of thing?
    this is sydney, right? i think most people here on the forum are from melbourne though
    Even though most people are from Melbourne, at least I guess it offers Sydney members to attend by knowing about it. I've been to an Al Ghazali invocations event before and yes we do thikr together "out loud". It's not a "Sufi circle" as such no
    Ibn Taymiyya (r) said: The Way of those Shuyukh of Tasawwuff is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet (Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo. Vol 11. Pg 497)

4. Collapse Details

The saying (of the Prophet, peace be upon him), when his companions raised up their voices in invocation (Dhikr):

"0 people, restrain yourselves. Indeed, you are not calling One Who is deaf or absent; Rather, you are calling a Hearer, One very close by; The One Who you are calling is closer to each one of you, closer even than the neck of your riding animal." (Agreed upon it by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

"...The eyes are filled with tears and the heart is full of grief but we do not say anything except that which is pleasing to our lord.."

5. Collapse Details

May Allah reward you with goodness Khaled!

6. Collapse Details

Is this like aerobics Oz Style?
    "Man rejoices as long as the nights continue to pass by,
    Yet, he too, as they vanish gradually perishes away. "

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by UmarIbnKhattab
    The saying (of the Prophet, peace be upon him), when his companions raised up their voices in invocation (Dhikr):

"0 people, restrain yourselves. Indeed, you are not calling One Who is deaf or absent; Rather, you are calling a Hearer, One very close by; The One Who you are calling is closer to each one of you, closer even than the neck of your riding animal." (Agreed upon it by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Loud Dhikr

from sunnipath.com

Bukhari narrated that Abu Huraira (r) reported that the Prophet (s) said, "If My servant mentions Me in himself, I will mention him in Myself. If he mentions Me in a group, I will mention him in a group in My presence." We understand from this hadith that to mention Allah in a group indicates loud dhikr. Some scholars determined from this that using loud dhikr is permitted.

Bukhari narrated in his book of hadith, that Ibn 'Abbas (r) said, "In the time of the Prophet (s) the people used to raise their voices in Dhikr."

Bukhari narrated in his book of hadith, that Abu Ma'bad (r), the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas (r), said: "Ibn 'Abbas told me, 'In the lifetime of the Prophet (s), it was the custom to celebrate Allah's praises aloud after the obligatory congregational prayers.'" Ibn 'Abbas (r) continued, "When I heard the Dhikr, I would know that the congregational prayer had ended."

Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi related that as-Sa'ib (r) purported that the Prophet (s) said, "Jibril came to me and ordered me to order my Companions to raise their voices in takbir."

It is narrated by Bukhari and Muslim and mentioned by Jalaluddin as-Suyuti, from other collections, that 'Ali bin Abi Talib (r) said, "I asked the Prophet (s) one time, 'O Messenger of Allah, guide me to the shortest way to Allah's Presence, and the easiest way to worship, and the best way for Allah, Almighty and Exalted. The Prophet (s) said, 'O 'Ali, you have to be continuously making Dhikrullah, silently and aloud.' I replied, 'O Prophet (s), all human beings are making dhikr. Give me something special.' The Prophet (s) said, 'O 'Ali, the best of what I, and all prophets before me, said is, la ilaha illallah. If all the heavens and earth were placed on one side of the balance and la ilaha illallah were placed in the other, la ilaha illallahwould be heavier. Judgment Day will never come as long as there are people on this earth saying la ilaha illallah.' Then I said, 'How should I recite.' The Prophet (s) said, 'Close your eyes and listen to me reciting la ilaha ill-Allah three times. Then you say it three times and I will listen to you.' Then the Prophet (s) said it and I repeated it in a loud voice."

In the narration of Imam Ahmad and Tabarani this hadith is continued, describing how the Prophet taught his Companions the dhikr. "'Ibada bin Samit said that the Prophet (s) said, 'Is there any stranger among you?' And we said, 'No, Ya Rasul-Allah.' He said, 'Close the door.' Then he said, 'Raise your hand and repeat after me La ilaha illallah' We raised our hand and said,la ilaha illallah. Then the Prophet (s) said, 'Praise be to Allah that He sent me to this world with this kalimah, and He ordered me with it, and He promised me the Paradise with it, and He never changes His Promise.' Then the Prophet (s) said, 'Be happy! Allah has forgiven you.'"

Jalaladin as-Suyuti mentioned in an article called "Natijat al-Fikr fi Jahri-dh-Dhikr," the Benefits of Loud Dhikr, twenty-five authentic hadiths which mention doing loud dhikr